Escort (On-call)- Tripoli
Please submit your application to [email protected] mentioning the position title in the subject line with a copy of your ID
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist refugees and migrants travelling under auspices of IOM on ground movements between the field and Beirut.
- Verify refugees’ and migrants’ identities upon embarkation based on the bus manifests received from the office.
- Distribute food to refugees at embarkation points, and report any discrepancies in breakfast packages.
- Act as IOM liaison at border, police or other check points to ensure smooth and safe passage.
- Coordinate arrival/departures to/from destination with the relevant focal point (RSM, VAC, MHAC, PDO, etc.).
- Attend to any special needs for refugees and other migrants, including medical cases and unaccompanied minors.
- When applicable, escort refugees to hotels for overnight accommodation, and assist with room allocations and needs at the hotel until check-out. Ensure refugees embark buses to next destination.
- Inform field team leader and relevant colleagues in the Beirut office immediately of any delays, no shows, incidents or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Provide general support to the operations department.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
NOTE: Duties are usually performed starting at early hours and may include long working days and overnights.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and
promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to
relevant cultural contexts
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
V. Education and Experience
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited educational institution with minimum three years of related experience in airline and logistics; or University degree with one year of related experience.
Knowledge of French an advantage.
- North Lebanon