Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager - Beirut and Mount Lebanon and South
The International Medical Corps Mental Health Department provides Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS) consultations through its case management teams located in Bekaa, South, North, Beirut and Mount Lebanon. International Medical Corps also aims to advocate for mental health, by promoting community based interventions such as early childhood development programs and youth empowerment programs in addition to provision of awareness sessions on several mental health topics. Moreover, International Medical Corps coordinates with the National Mental Health Program within the ministry of public health to design MHPSS programs and conduct trainings.
The MHPSS manager will be in charge of appropriate overall functioning of the MHPSS case management services in clinics and PHCCs supported by IMC. Planning and the implementation of trainings, documentation, monitoring and evaluation as well as ensure quality of provision of MHPSS services in line with IASC MHPSS and IMC guidelines.
- Daily program implementation:
- Oversee and organize the work of MHPSS case management staff that includes case managers, roving social workers, psychotherapists and psychiatrists working on the field within direct support in BML and through the coordination with south MHPSS officer for South area.
- Follow-up and being actively involved in the recruitment of IMC MHPSS field staff.
- Assist in the preparation of work schedules, validated by all concerned parties and oversee the proper commitment and respect to the implementation of the schedules.
- Ensure proper planning in terms of logistics i.e. transportation, planning and so on.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the MHPSS staff in the area mainly case managers.
- Follow up on daily basis the implementation of the program and collect daily information through written reports and data collection sheets.
- Attend and represent IMC MHPSS Department in interagency and local coordination meetings on all issues interrelated with MH and PSS.
- Organize and attend MH case management technical meetings.
- Conduct regular visits to communicate and follow up on PHCCs/ centers supported by IMC and maintain good relationships with all partners.
- Ensure in coordination with MH pharmacist at IMC that all Psychotropic related measures are in place (consumption, reporting, monitoring storage, availability for beneficiaries and any other pharmacy related needs)
- Conduct assessment of mental health needs in the area.
- Lead on new initiatives and conduct necessary assessment within the area of operation in line with IMC MHPSS country strategy.
- Become familiar with all IMC MHPSS programs and service packages.
- Program development and recommendations, as required.
II- Monitoring and evaluation:
- Provide input and ensuring mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities and trainings in the area of work run according to protocol and program;
- Make sure that all planned activities are in line with project indicators, objectives and timeline.
- Ensure the utilization and implementation of measuring tools to assess success in accordance to indicators of program.
- Ensure programming is on track in absence of direct supervisor; reporting daily on important issues that require supervisor feedback and decision making. Assist in the development of M&E tools and mechanisms.
- Ensure the proper implementation and utilization of M&E tools and mechanisms on regular basis
III- Capacity building:
- Assess the training needs of MHPSS case management staff members.
- Assist in the development of training plan for the MHPSS case management team within the area.
- Follow up on the implementation of trainings, prepare schedules, ensure the training requirements are set and follow up on the implementation – for staff and partners.
- Ensure that all documentation related to trainings are being filled and properly documented: fill in attendance sheets, pre-post tests, submit training report.
- Participating in training, supervision and team meetings, and be main mental health focal point for IMC.
- Keeps track of client numbers/cases through IMC outpatient records, to be submitted at the end of every month.
- Conduct regular – weekly visits to PHCs/centers supported by IMC to monitor the work and ensure flow of communication with partners.
- Ensure that data is being collected by MHPSS CM team on regular basis (daily, weekly and monthly);
- Analyze data.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports for proper information flow and legal action;
- Conduct file audits and submit monthly tracking reports to MH case management support manager.
- Provide technical oversight, following the MHPSS standards of practice, on case management services provided at the MHPSS supported clinics in addition to the PSS activities being conducted by the team on the field
- Document meetings that take place in the area of work.
Submit regular reports (weekly and monthly) to the M&E Officer and MHPSS program Coordinator.
This position supervises the below positions:
MHPSS Officer, Senior Case Manager, Case Manager, Roving social worker, Consultants: Psychotherapist, Child psychotherapist, psychiatrist
- Experience in Mental Health activities and programs.
- Previous NGO experience in a managerial level is a must.
- Familiar with the IASC MHPSS guidelines in emergency settings;
- Willing to adhere to field schedule, great sense of commitment and high willingness to learn.
- Desirable experience:
- Personal interest in Gender Based Violence, women’s rights, educational and general protection issues.
- Essential competency: Excellent organizational and managerial skills. prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and ensure high quality work.
- Fluent in spoken Arabic and English languages
- Good communication, teamwork skills and ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Emotional maturity and agility in working in a fast-paced environment.
Computer literacy with demonstrated experience in utilization of databases and Microsoft Office.
General specifications for all positions
- Experience in working closely with community members throughout a program cycle
- Experience in or understanding of program accountability principles
- Knowledge of, respect and empathy for the communities we are working with
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Strong understanding of the project cycle and of M&E systems
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Non-discriminatory and readiness to involve men, women, girls and boys from diverse backgrounds, particularly the most marginalized segments of the community
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with program participants, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Ability to mobilize people – to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in International Medical Corps ways of working
- Mount Lebanon
- South Lebanon