Health Programs Manager - Tripoli Area
Upon submission, please include "Health Programs Manager - Tripoli Area " in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted selection will be based on receiving funding.
“Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.”
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status. International Medical Corps does not ask for financial details, money transfers or payments of any kind from applicants to be considered for or secure a job.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
S/he manages the field area team which includes the field medical advisor, the area pharmacist, the senior health officer, the health officers the disability officer, and the program assistants per area.
Health program provides both technical and financial support to local primary health care centers to enable provision of affordable, accessible, and quality healthcare services to refugee and vulnerable host population
S/he will be responsible for managing and running the daily activities of IMC health project in the area. Will oversee and manage the field team and health education team working in the area. Will directly coordinate with Deputy Health Coordinator, and Community Health manager and quality Manager.
- Program Management:
- Work with the Health Coordinator to develop Health sector strategy for health programs in the area through identification of program/sector needs.
- Assist the health coordinator in planning for proposals, conducting assessments.
- Oversight of the health activities at PHCCs, and other service providers for the implementation of the assigned health activities to ensure that set goals and objectives are met.
- Guide the health team to ensure regular collection of the data and documentation as per grant and reporting requirements.
- Work with the central health team to ensure that all clinics are regularly reporting into the HIS, receiving appropriate training on humanitarian response including detection of Malnutrition, GBV/CMR, Vaccination, health education, outreach activities and health facilities needs are met
- Work closely with the Community Health manager to ensure that health education programs are integrated into the health facilities and community outreach activities are being conducted as planned
- Conduct need assessments on a regular basis and upon requested by HC and in direct coordination with deputy health coordinator.
- Work closely with the field medical advisor to ensure that diagnostic pre-approvals are compliant with the IMC medical guidelines issued by the Senior Medical Advisor
- Follow up on all referrals from other stakeholders
- Coordinate with the Logistics team to identify procurement and supply issues related to the health programs and support the identification of corrective actions
- Follow up with the PHC pharmacist to ensure that clinic needs in terms of medication, medical supplies, and medical equipment’s, trainings and ventilation system for the pharmacy are met.
- Administrative & Financial Responsibilities
- Supervise with the Program assistant to ensure proper documentation for all contracts and payments for service providers in coordination with Deputy Health Coordinator
- Prepare expenditure projections for each project activity along with expected targets making sure to update them on a regular basis
- Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure for the health program at his/her respective area on a monthly basis with health coordinator and with finance if needed
- Provide recommendations and interventions to correct any identified deviations (related to compliance, over and under expenditure) that impact budget adherence.
3. Staff Management:
- Organize daily work schedule for the field team according to the agreed work plan, and assign task according the priorities in implementation
- Monitor the health team performance according to their assigned tasks and provide regular feed back to the senior health management team
- The health area manager is responsible to sign on RFLs and conduct the annual performance evaluation of the field team
4. Coordination and Representation:
- Work closely with central health team in updating, and coordinating the health activities
- At the regional level: represent IMC to UNHCR, other UN agencies, civil society organizations, and governmental authorities, as well as external visitors to IMC Lebanon, according to the request and guidance of the Health Coordinator and Program Coordinator
- Attend working group meetings and coordination meetings where requested
- Provide accurate regular reports, statistics, and documented results and maintain detailed records of the overall health program activities in the Area to the M&E unit
- Perform other duties as requested by line manager
- Adhere to all of IMC’s policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct and Security SOP
7. Capacity Building
Responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing training initiatives to improve the capacity of the field team in coordination with both field and central technical staff
General specifications for all positions
- Experience in working closely with community members throughout a program cycle
- Experience in or understanding of program accountability principles
- Knowledge of, respect and empathy for the communities we are working with
- Commitment to championing community and partner points of view
- Strong understanding of the project cycle and of M&E systems
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Non-discriminatory and readiness to involve men, women, girls and boys from diverse backgrounds, particularly the most marginalized segments of the community
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of managing and facilitating group discussions with program participants, local officials, partners and all levels of staff
- Ability to mobilize people – to develop and maintain relationships with staff and communities to ensure their participation in International Medical Corps ways of working
- North Lebanon