Gender Based Violence Officer - Tripoli/Akkar ( Repost)
Upon submission, please include "Gender Based Violence Officer - Tripoli/Akkar ( Repost) " in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.”
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
The GBV department at IMC implements projects that aim to prevent and respond to GBV, in coordination with other departments to ensure that the best quality services are extended to beneficiaries. International Medical Corps is thriving toward the integration of the GBV prevention and response tools into all implemented activities in Lebanon.
The GBV Senior Officer will be managing the project in the areas sharing and supporting the team in the management and the technicalities of the project implementation.
- Oversee implementation of case management, psychosocial support activities, awareness raising sessions, and men’s center activities.
- Providing technical advice on GBV case management and psychosocial support to vulnerable person, particularly survivors of gender-based violence. In addition to monitoring referrals and feedback mechanisms.
- Regularly initiate case file audit and make sure that all necessary forms and report are kept filed and updated.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with other IMC departments, local and international NGOs, UN agencies, and other stakeholders to ensure holistic support for survivors, including participation in strengthening GBV SOPs and referral pathways
- Provide input on program development and recommendations, as required.
- Ensure programming is on track in absence of direct supervisor; reporting daily on important issues that require supervisor feedback and decision making.
- Facilitate trainings on staff skills, while regularly monitoring and evaluating capacity building for the team.
- Contribute and regularly update service mapping of service providers within your area to ensure that caseworkers are informed of all relevant and available services.
- Identify protection concerns, challenges and gaps of vulnerable persons within the community you are working in, develop a response plan to address them, and report them; i.e. any trends should be reported to the area manager and advocate for gaps in GBV response.
Attend working groups, meetings, and other training as requested or when needed
- North Lebanon