Disability Advisor - Repost
Summary and Background:
The Disability Advisor (DA) is the main technical focal point for IMC’s upcoming project “Improving Access to Quality Health Care for Persons with Disabilities in Lebanon”. He/she is responsible for technical oversight of the implementation of the project.
Place in the Organization
The incumbent of this post is under the technical supervision of IMC’s Senior Medical Advisor and reports to the Health Coordinator.
Functions and responsibilities
In accordance with established project guidelines, the Disability Advisor will provide technical guidance and oversight of the project. S/he will:
- Render approximately 54 supported facilities (PHCCs) “Disability Friendly” via through structural alterations
- Conduct a baseline assessment of accessibility of the PHCCs (in coordination with IMC Quality Manager).
- Develop/adapt accessibility assessment tool for this purpose, based on WHO guidance, to meet the Lebanese MoPH accessibility criteria for healthcare facilities.
- Use the findings of this assessment to assign priorities and ultimately prepare structural renovation plan for each of IMC supported PHCCs.
- IMC will outsource the renovation work to a third-party engineering company. The DA will work closely with IMC Logistics in coordinating these efforts to ensure that the renovation is done as per specifications, to the requisite quality standards, and on time.
- Provide technical specifications for mobility assistive devices (canes, tripods, walkers, and others …) and specialized products for PwDs (adult diapers, bed pads, air mattresses and others…) for submission to the procurement department.
- Provide the corresponding technical review for the purpose of selecting the winning bidder
- Specialized and Rehabilitation Centers
IMC will be contracting specialized centers providing visual and/or hearing devices to its beneficiaries. Furthermore, IMC will contract rehabilitation centers to provide physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and a speech and language difficulties therapy to its beneficiaries.
- The DA will advise IMC Health Area Managers on choosing both the suitable specialized & rehabilitation centers in each area.
- The DA will work with the Disability officers to monitor and provide technical supervision of these centers.