Experts in Eco and rural tourism
Quotations may be submitted on or before Monday October 28, 2019 no later than 6:00 pm via e‐mail attention Ms. Samar Dani ([email protected] ) and Ms. Myriam Abi Hatem ([email protected]) are received by INJAZ Lebanon after the deadline indicated above, for whatever reason, shall not be considered for evaluation.
ABOUT INJAZ LEBANON
INJAZ Lebanon is a non-profit organization, an affiliate of Junior Achievement (JA) Worldwide, with a mission to equip youth with the skills and mindset they need to become the entrepreneurs and business leaders stimulating their communities. It is also a member of INJAZ Al-Arab, a regional network of 14 countries across the MENA region. INJAZ Lebanon delivers programs in partnership with the business sector focusing on entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy.
INJAZ Lebanon is looking for Experts or consultant in Eco and Rural Tourism.
A. Program Overview
Darb W Dar, the Danniyeh Eco-Entrepreneurial Trail is a program implemented by INJAZ Lebanon and funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft Fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Danniyeh, North Lebanon.
The Darb w Dar initiative aims to stimulate the creation of new and enhanced business opportunities for youth and women by promoting tourism, specifically eco-tourism, rural and winter tourism in the region. The program supports youth and young women in developing entrepreneurial skills & starting job-creating
enterprises in the agro-food, hospitality & rural tourism sector contributing to the implementation of the development strategies for the villages and areas of Dannieh.
INJAZ Lebanon is seeking Experts or Consultants in Eco & Rural tourism in the following components of the project:
- Mapping & Research of Eco-Tourism Initiatives in Dannieh
- Organizing Study Tours and Linkages to Existing Network of Rural and Ecotourism in Lebanon
Mapping & Research of Eco-Tourism Initiatives in Dannieh
Research and mapping of available services will be done in the Dannieh and North area to identify gaps and opportunities for the different users along the Dannieh Eco Entrepreneurial Track – from Tripoli to the highest peak of Qornet el Sawda. The outcome of the mapping will feed into the design of the training and content in certain parts and will allow INJAZ to support the youth starting their Eco entrepreneurial tracks to identify specific project and business ideas that will allow them the best chance of sustainability and success
Organizing Study Tours
Youth will be introduced through actual field visits to successful eco-tourism ideas in other areas of Lebanon. The study tour will include case study analysis of the different areas and meetings with experts and entrepreneurs for recommendation and best practices. Activities during the field visits will include interviews with eco-tourism entrepreneurs and existing business owners to learn about challenges and opportunities in this sector. The field visits will also be the start of a network that the participants will work on to grow for future collaboration and support in their own ventures in Dannieh region.
B. Scope of Work
- Conducting a mapping of existing rural and eco-tourism activities in Danniyeh and analyzing their challenges, their training needs and potential to grow.
- Identifying opportunities for new eco tourism initiatives and businesses to serve as a business direction for youth and women led enterprises in the Danniyeh area.
- Facilitating the networking & engagement between the youth led eco tourism initiatives created by the Darb w Dar program, the local community and existing successful initiatives all around Lebanon.
C. Deliverables and timeline
The LE (or LE team) will start work after the selection and validation of their offer by the contractor. It is expected that the contracted services will be for a total of 30 working days to be delivered in two main phases: November/December 2019 and March/April 2020.
The key deliverables of this assignment are:
- Report on results of conducted mapping and surveys, including ecotourism market analysis, situational analysis of existing works, target areas, identification of existing gaps and opportunities for development.
- Presentation to project stakeholders on findings, recommendations and plan of action.
- Sharing of an Ecotourism resource development plan including listing & introduction to recommended stakeholders for potential linkages to this project.
- A clear plan to engage local communities and youth in the project with other ecotourism activities in Lebanon.
- Organization of field visits & study tours with private businesses, organizations and institutions that could provide support to the newly established ecotourism initiatives in Danniyeh.
Interested experts who meet the minimum requirement list below:
- Valid Ministry of Finance registration
- Proven experience and logistical capabilities