Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an equal opportunity employer and
particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with a cover letter to the email below with a "MEAL officer" in the subject line.
The last date for application is 25 July 2020
Please address all applications to: [email protected]
Humanity & Inclusion is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects, and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details on the association: https://www.hi.org
The actual intervention context is characterized by remote management modalities of intervention, through Partners. Bring constant support and guidance to the teams and maintain technical quality in the frame of the HI integrated approach is the main challenge to take up.
Under the line management of the MEAL-IM supervisor, The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Officer (MEAL) will provide support on MEAL aspects of ongoing and upcoming projects in the area of intervention. This support will be through close supervision of MEAL workers under implementing partners. The incumbent will be responsible for gathering fulfilling field-level MEAL needs with evidence-based findings on the log frames.
The MEAL officer will help HI in strengthening its M&E functions based on his/her experiences and observations in the field.
The MEAL Officer must keep all the data confidential and share it only with the authorized persons.
Line Manager: MEAL-IM supervisor
Line Manager+1: Area Coordinator/or MEAL Manager –coordination
Technical Support: MEAL & IM supervisor, IM officer and MEAL team at coordination
In direct coordination with: Programs team and Technical Advisors.
Responsibility 1: Assist and draft MEAL Workplan (s) and MEAL tools.
Objective: Ensures the dvelepmement and creation of MEAL plans, in collaboration with the relevant services and line with general standards and procedures.
Benchmark: Ensure the creation of MEAL plans are developed according to HI and donor requirements/logframes on time against the defined objectives.
- Coordinating the Project/Program tasks concerning monitoring and evaluation activities, including the preparation of project M&E plans.
- Ensuring that M&E data is reliable, appropriate, to the HI management and all concerned departments and other stakeholders
- Assist MEAL team and project managers in designing baseline, mid-term and final evaluation using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods.
Responsibility 2: Managing and following up MEAL Workplan (s)
Objective: Ensures the implementation of MEAL plans, in collaboration with the relevant services and line with general standards and procedures.
Benchmark: Ensure the MEAL activities are running according to HI and donor requirements and progress on time against the defined objectives
- Collect observations, best practices and identify improvement areas at the field level through implementing partners.
- Support to identify the issues at the grass-root level received through the feedback mechanism of HI and coordinate the response with the stakeholders, as assigned.
- Support inputs, processes, outputs, and outcomes are monitoring activities at field level.
- Manage the development of effective and sustainable feedback mechanisms through implementing partners to HI from program beneficiaries/stakeholders.
- Regularly maintain both the project/program output progress matrix and support IM officer/project managers and technical staff in developing and implementing data collection tools.
- Monitoring data, conducting assessment/ evaluation, and implementing feedback mechanisms.
Responsibility 3: Technical support – Training to technical MEAL team of the partners
Objective: HI's projects are meeting HI minimum quality standards
Benchmark: Capacity-building reports and regular meeting action points.
- Provide technical support to field MEAL workers under implementing partners in the planning and monitoring of ongoing projects as well as the development of systematic regular and structured MEAL exercises such as evaluations, reviews, and lessons learned workshops.
- Facilitate capacity building plans for MEAL workers staff who are working under implementing partners on skills and knowledge related to M&E and accountability and learning. Relevant topics may include but are not limited to, designing monitoring tools, monitoring budgets, analyzing.
- Conduct field visits to the intervention areas to provide training, technical assistance, and support, as well as to ensure that accountability and learning tools and strategies are understood and being implemented effectively.
Responsibility 4: Reporting – Participate in the deliver regular and ad-hoc MEAL reports.
Objective: Conducting and delivering MEAL reports in an accurate way and timely manner.
Benchmarks: Ensures technical learning from projects by drawing on lessons learned, good practices, and draft MEAL reports.
- Support needs assessments/baseline/end-line and/or other surveys in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Generate quality monitoring and project progress and periodic reports as and when desired by HI management.
- MELA officer with collaboration with IM officer, conducting data cleaning, validation and analysis of MEAL data, and drafting MEAL reports on time.
- Gather and support analysis of lessons learned from field monitoring visits.
- Support the staff in mobile data collection, using Survey123, and the HI apps to collect and analyze data.
- Translating from Arabic to English and the oppist for all the files repprts will be shared with implementing partners.
- Complete additional assignments related to job functions requested and acknowledged by MEAL supervisor/Manager and HI management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in statistics, social sciences, information management systems, computer science, management and/or other relevant fields with at least two or three years of relevant professional work experience, respectively.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years' experience, preferably in an international NGO, in a similar role/with the same responsibilities.
- Good knowledge in emergency and development contexts in terms of implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning activities at field level.
- Strong analytical knowledge.
- Good reporting skills.
- Good knowledge in data collection applications such as KOBO, ODK, and Survey123.
- Knowledge of Project Management Cycle (PMC) and MEAL Cycle.
- A remote management experience is required.
- Experience in conducting and supervising data collection activities using mix-method approaches.
- Knowledge of gender aspects is a plus.
- Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word and other relevant analysis software such as SPSS.
- English and Arabic are mandatory (oral and written).
- Excellent translation skills (From Arabic to English).
- Remuneration: according to HI salary grid
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Duration/ Type of contract: 6 months renewable based on a project timeline and performance
- Others: Transportation allowance + insurance with Fidelity