Child Protection Officer - Akkar
- The application should be in English including: CV and motivation letter.
- Please submit your application to [email protected] write as Subject of the Email the Reference number and Job Position as follows; GVC Ref 202007_02 Child Protection Officer-Akkar (National Contract).
- Applications in Arabic will not be considered.
- Deadline for submitting the application: 16th of July 2020 (Applications received after this deadline will not be considered).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GVC encourage people with special needs to apply.
GVC is an Italian NGO founded in 1971. Actually is working in 22 countries worldwide. GVC presence in Lebanon dates back to the begin of Syrian Crisis and since then GVC has been implementing emergency and development projects in Bekaa and Akkar financed by International Donors mainly in WASH sector.
GVC is actually recruiting personnel to cover the position of 1 Child Protection Officer to support activities in Akkar, Lebanon.
Position Title: Child Protection Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duty station: Kobayat office (Akkar) with daily travel to project areas Akkar and North Bekka
Project Framework: SCALE - Social Cohesion through Accessible Learning Environments (funded by AICS)
Technical supervision of field staff carrying out (i) needs assessment of most vulnerable families in the target area of intervention (ii) activities involving the students’ families, sport /entertainment activities with minors and inclusion campaigns both on field and remotely (iii) awareness raising sessions with parents and school members on important of education and Parents Committee Sessions and (iv) distribution of items on the field.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1- Individual Protection and Child Protection Approach
- Train and supervise field teams (Social Workers and Inclusion Social Worker) in charge of identification of more socially and economically vulnerable families for school kits distribution;
- Provide First Level validation to assessment reports;
- Develop, support and manager the Referral System and guarantee a constant update of the Service Mapping in Akkar supporting GVC Referral Focal Point;
- Referral to other national and international actors capable of addressing specific needs of the targeted families;
- Ensure that protection incidents are immediately identified and referred to the right service provider;
- Ensure compliance to data protection protocols;
- Support in coordination with main stakeholders for project implementation.
2 - Engagement of students’ families, Sport and Inclusion Activities
- Supervise the establishment/strengthening of Parents Committee Groups (PCG) in the targeted schools (organisation of meetings with the students’ parents, development of an ‘Action Plan’, planning of PCG meetings) both in the field and remote work;
- Supervise sports/entertainment activities on inclusion and social cohesion with students of the target schools and other young people living in the target area (plan the capacity building training for teachers, members of PCG, social animators and volunteers in the target area; organise the final sport/entertainment events) both in the field and remote work;
- Supervise the implementation of communication campaigns on inclusion, specifically focusing on children with special needs (development of a strategic communication plan, implementation of the campaign through different media, organisation of roundtables with different stakeholders).
- Regularly report on outcomes of referrals;
- Ensure all the documentation is appropriate and properly maintained;
- Ensure appropriate weekly planning and reporting to Project Manager and Child Protection Specialist;
- Contribute to and facilitate effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on populations, problems and coping strategies;
4- Management and technical supervision
- Weekly work plan / car movement and planning the activities for the Social Workers in coordination with the Project Manager;
- Weekly follow up with Social Workers and Inclusion Social Worker;
- Coordination with the local partner for referrals and activities;
- Provide technical supervision to field teams in charge of identification.
- Bachelor Degree in social science, psychology, international politics or similar subject
- At least 3 years of previous experience in the child protection humanitarian sector
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Driving licence
PERSONAL AND INTER-PERSONAL SKILLS
- Good communication skills (with communities, individuals and other NGOs)
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Highly organised and able to work respecting deadlines
- Passionate in the job, flexibility and willingness to work long hours
- Ability to work in diversity team with respect
- Being flexible and with the ability to adjust to changes and new requirements
- Contract duration: 3 months full-time;
- Required Starting Date: ASAP
- Duty Station: 100% GVC Akkar office with weekly visits to GVC offices in Bekaa region.