Child Well Being Nurse
Send CV and motivation letter to the email below
The Child Well Being Nurse will be involved in multiple tasks related to child health care, health promotion, disease prevention and the early detection of physical abnormalities and developmental problems characterize child health surveillance programs
Under the supervision of the Medical Director and in coordination with the Nursing Director, and in accordance with the Executive Team Practice Policy” and “Medical protocol”, the nurse is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Serves children by determining child and family needs; developing health care plans; providing nursing services and treatments; referring patients with social and emotional problems to other community agencies.
- Helps the community health care team by coordinating assessment, planning, and providing of needed health and related services; participating in case conferences with physicians, when relevant.
- Provides health information by instructing family in care and rehabilitation of children; maintaining health and prevention of disease for family members; teaching home nursing, maternal and child care; providing instructions in other subjects related to child and community welfare.
- Safeguards health of children by participating in child health conferences, school health; providing group instruction for parents; conducting immunization programs.
- Arranges convalescent and rehabilitative care of sick or injured children by cooperating with families, community agencies, and medical personnel.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending changes in processes; implementing changes.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and children records.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements; keeping child information confidential.
- Updates public health job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances public health department and city reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Nursing degree from an accredited School of Medicine
- Current license to practice nursing in Lebanon with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Able to communicate effectively in Arabic and in French, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
Personnal Skills and Qualifications:
Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Listening, Quality Management, Energy Level, Integrity, Infection Control, Informing Others, Nursing Skills, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking
- Mount Lebanon