Administrative Assistant _QUDRA
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their application/motivation letter and CV per email at Recruit.Lebanon@giz.de maximum by 19.11.2018
Please indicate the exact position you are applying for (Administrative Assistant) and the short name of program (QUDRA) when applying.
Administrative Assistant – Pooled function:Admin, contracts, procurement and inventory
A. Required qualifications, competences and experience Formal Education
- University Degree, in business administration, recognised commercial diploma in business administration or related fields
- minimum 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- profound experience in procurement, inventory and administrative in similar field or development organization
- excellent interpersonal skills and cooperation skills
- constructive, positive attitude, dedication/commitment, reliable, team player/ability to cooperate with others
- ability to cope with dynamic situation of cooperation system in development field
- experience and ability to deal with unexpected challenges and ability to work well under pressure
- good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- language skills: Fluent spoken and written skills in English and Arabic (German Language is a plus)
B. Major Responsibilities
1. Administration and Office Coordination
- supports in administrative and logistical activities (internal meetings, workshops, flight reservation, information trips, etc.)
- supports in logistic aspects of missions and visitors as well as consultants of the project: draw up travel schedules/visit schedules, assure accommodation and transportation
- prepares and participates in internal and external (team) meetings, takes minutes of meeting
- monitors the availability of stocks and consumables, updates list, assures availability of information material
- responsible for proper IT performance and follows up with IT specialist and vendors to update and maintain the project’s IT systems.
- following up on office maintenance, cleaning, etc.
- responsible for filing of documents in reference files or in GIZ documents filing system in line with GIZ internal rules
- organizes and coordinates logistical aspects for planning, holding and documenting meetings, workshop, seminars and other events in cooperation with the respective team members
- prepares contracts and agreements related to event management as per GIZ rules and regulation and within the set value limit
- co-managing for high level meetings for Qudra project (Steering Committee Meetings, Regional Lab Workshops), and assist in preparing the invitations and agenda for these meetings and assisting in the visa processes for the participants.
- Assist and support the junior administrative officer when needed
2. Procurement of goods and services:
- handling procurement of goods and services up to certain value in accordance with GIZ guidelines in coordination with Project staff
- following up on the project’s contract- and procurement requests >2500 EUR by assuring an effective communication with the GIZ country office administration
- handling and keeping inventory of material and goods according to GIZ rules and regulations
- maintains and monitors inventory lists up to date using the GIZ related systems
- ensures the proper labelling material and equipment
- preparation and handling the handover of equipment/material to the partner organisations according to GIZ rules and regulations.
4. Preparation of local contracts with individuals and consulting firms under 2500 Euro
- prepares local contracts up to a certain limit in accordance with GIZ regulations
- informs the project manager on time about the status of contract preparation and related matters, particularly in the event of starting delays
- documents and files properly completed contracts and keeps contract lists always updated
Qudra is a multi-donor action financed by EU Regional Trust Fund MADAD and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) that implements its actions on behalf of the European Union and German Federal Ministry for Economic Development and Cooperation (BMZ). Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is a leading implementing agency of the action in cooperation with Expertise France (EF), the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID) and the Hungarian Interchurch Aid (HIA). All four agencies endeavor to achieve a coherent concept and implementation in order to contribute to a European solution to the on-going refugee crisis. QUDRA Programme addresses the Syrian refugee crisis and aims to mitigate its destabilizing impact in Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq. The objective of the Programme is to support vulnerable populations both in the host communities and the Syrian refugees in these countries.
To achieve the objective to build the resilience of host communities, refugees and displaced persons, the programme offers its support through the following five specific objectives: 1) improving school infrastructure and access to extracurricular activities (e.g. sports); 2) expanding and improving basic vocati*onal skills; 3) strengthening social cohesion through community-based services; 4) building the capacities of the local administrations; 5) and promoting dialogue and exchange of experience between refugees and host communities, with a focus on social relations.