COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER - SLWE
Under the supervision of DG of SLWE with the technical assistance and guidance from the WASH COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, the WASH, C4D, and COMMUNICATION teams in UNICEF, the Communications Officer will:
- Meet and liaise at the start and throughout the project (at least bi-monthly) with the Director General (DG) of SLWE, and his/her counterpart staff members nominated and assigned by the DG of SLWE, together with WASH Communications Specialist, and WASH staff.
- Document and share with UNICEF outcomes of meetings.
- Prepare a work plan in consultation with UNICEF for the period of the project, outlining the timeline for deliverables and activities, liaison and reporting.
- Advise and assist the DG of SLWE, and head of Customer Relations and Communications (CRC) team in managing and developing the work CRC team.
- Carry on the implementation of the communications strategy and plan of action, suggest new activities and program that helps SLWE to increase its pro-active communications and visibility.
- Assist in the update and upgrade of SLWE communications strategy and plan of action, by collecting, developing, and incorporating comments from key stakeholders throughout the project progress and implementation.
- Assist SLWE in developing and building a 3-year communications strategic plan (2018 – 2020).
- Lead and support the communications and customer relations team at SLWE in review, update, write, edit, and produce all communications materials as described in the communications strategy and plan of action, and develop the program that serves the customer relations and community-based programs.
- Liaise with UNICEF/WASH, COMMUNICATION, and C4D sections to fulfil his/her duty as communications officer at SLWE.
- Be the focal point and liaise with SLWE and third-party agency, if any, in planning, development, and production of all sort of communications materials, tools, vehicles, branding, production, and other related activities to the communications strategy and plan of action.
- Monitor and evaluate the work program, the perception and satisfaction level about services provided by SLWE through surveys and be able to transform the outcomes and findings into recommendations to improve SLWE communications, community-based programs, and outreach.
- Develop key performance indicators, KPIs, to provide a performance measurement tool, and being able to benchmark against themselves and others at a later stage.
- Contribute actively in building annual calendar of activities for publications review and production, public services announcements, awareness and advocacy campaigns.
- Suggest the preparation and production of new communications materials as listed in the communications strategy and the plan of action.
- Support the work of CRC team by providing necessary technical support, advice, knowledge and expertise transfer, and on-job training.
- Develop a manual for communications and customer relations services and activities (e.g., policies, procedures, workflow, forms, instructions, etc.).
- Provide assistance to SLWE in strengthening the capacity of the team of communications and customer relations in handling day-to-day work and provide technical advice when it is needed.
- Contribute in building and organizing the corporate library of publications and communications materials for SLWE. (e.g., print materials, photos, ads, campaigns, circulars, audio-visuals, presentations, viral videos, TVC, etc…)
- Suggest community related programs to advocate the right to access a safe water, water quality, water sanitation and hygiene, water conservation, and to enroll new customers; and coordinate and liaise with WASH Sector Partners to support SLWE programs to improve customer relations and engagement and enhance relationship with community.
- Liaise with regional media and national media and broadcasting networks, and build media contact list, and ensure systematic and pro-active media relations between SLWE and the media community.
- A proven record of experience in copywriting, editing, media production, corporate communications, advertising and campaigns management, and basic knowledge of illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is an asset.
- A team player, attentive to details, organized, meticulous, and able to work under pressure.
- Fluency in Arabic and English with excellent oral and writing skills are essential, knowledge of other languages would be an asset. Proven ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multilingual environment.
- Knowledge of the MENA region and the Lebanon context is a strong asset,
- Past experience in working with UNICEF or the UN is an asset,
- Proven record in communications planning and communications strategy development,
Past experience in working with the Lebanese Government Departments or Establishments are an asset; political sensitivity/ awareness is required.