Finance Officer Lebanon
Email your brief cover letter and CV to application email@example.com by 26 November 2018. Please also indicate ‘Finance Officer Lebanon’ as your email subject.
EFI requires a full-time professional to support financial procedures for EFI’s overall activities in Lebanon.
The Overall Responsibility as a Finance Officer is:
To work on overall financial monitoring and support capacity building for Lebanon office and partners and to practice rigorous budgeting control mechanism.
To assist in elaborating and updating EFI’s financial, procurement procedures, policies, and requirements from European Union (EU) and other donors that would contribute into the achievement of EFI’s goals and vision of various projects.
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Participates in preparation of annual requests for funds (concept notes), budget and other funding requests; provides financial support to Program Team; prepares financial reports for activities using EFI specific format; close monitoring on budget and revision in collaboration with HQ.
- Ensures accurately recording of all transactions made by cash or bank or any other form in the EFI financial system; monitors timely receipt and expenditure returns from Program Team and ensures correct data entry and reconciliation in the system; ensures that work advances are accounted for in line with IFE-EFI financial guidelines.
- Manages daily operations of accounting system which is in line with EFI and donor (ie. EU) requirements, maintains cash and non-cash transactions, manages bank and cash transactions related to projects, ensures the use of proper and correct budget code; monitors cash payment and ensures the records or entries are up-to-date; pays attention on fluctuating exchange rate used for any transactions.
- Provides feedback and enhances internal controls to satisfy IFE-EFI audit requirements; takes part of providing data and records during the audit process; reports immediately on irregular spending to Senior Finance and Accounting Officer and Country Manager as deemed appropriate.
- Takes part of payroll preparation in line with national fiscal system under guidance of HQ Senior Finance Officer and HR Manager.
- Complies with Finance and Procurement guidelines when dealing with any transactions; provides initiative to review current guidelines and proposes relevant recommendations.
- Ensures proper financial documentation in Lebanon office; prepares reports and sends documentation to HQ in timely manner; follows the financial check-list.
- If required, reviews the partner’s financial reports; provides technical assistance to partners to enhance the finance systems and the organization’s internal controls.
- Coordinate with the procurement officer. This includes management of all service contracts and other agreements.
- Collects the leave request for Country Manager’s approval and sends them to HR Manager prior to payroll; updates the leave balance accurately in timely; collects the time sheet and verifies accuracy before sending them to HQ HR Manager.
- Assist with the introduction program for newly hires staff. Maintain and update the personnel file while keeping confidentiality.
- Takes part of regular staff meeting and respects to the weekly task report in line with performance management.
- In their absence, possibly cover other Finance colleagues to ensure continuous operation within same or different projects.
- If required, support IFE-EFI’s other project activities with guidance from Senior Finance and Accounting Officer and Country Manager.
This position reports directly to Country Manager who is based in Beirut and also Senior Finance and Accounting Officer in Paris.
Close collaboration with Finance Officer and Project Officer in Beirut.
Functional link with Finance Officer and Project Officer in Amman.
- University degree in accounting or finance with preference professional certification in accounting.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is desirable.
- Excellent Microsoft Office application especially Excel. Desirable knowledge in financial system such as CIEL, SAP, Oracle etc.
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience in finance and accounting is required.
- Proven experience in managing large budgets
- Demonstrated expertise in using accounting system
- Ability to provide technical guidance and advise especially to non-finance colleague
- Knowledge of Lebanese accounting principles
- Understanding of development field such as INGOs or institutional donor is desirable
- Demonstrated record of accurate and timely reporting
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to complete task and meet deadline.
- Detail-oriented approach with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and with partners sharing EFI core values.
- This role is open for qualified Lebanese candidates.
- Duty station is in Beirut.
- A fixed-term position with contract length of 12 (twelve) months extendable.
Why should you apply?
- Impact: You will strengthen access to protection, participation and services for women refugees and host communities.
- Meaningful: You will be a part of a key feminist consortium aiming to improve the livelihood, agency and legal and social protection for Syrian women refugees and women in host communities in Lebanon.
- Career: You will be expanding your skills-set and competence in finance and accounting.
- A great place to work: You will work in a dynamic environment with colleagues sharing values to respect of human rights of women and men.
How to apply:
Email your brief cover letter and CV to application firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 February 2019. Please also indicate ‘Finance Officer Lebanon’ as your email subject.