Logistics and Procurement Officer in Lebanon
Note: all applications needs to be sent through email to email@example.com
EFI requires a full-time professional to support logistics, operation and procurement procedures for EFI’s overall activities in Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.
The Overall Responsibility as a Logistics and Procurement Officer is:
To lead the procurement function by identifying the procurement needs of EFI, reviewing the purchase requisitions, awarding tenders and supervising the performance of contractors or suppliers.
To contribute to elaborating IFE-EFI’s financial, procurement procedures, policies, and requirements from European Union (EU) that would contribute into the achievement of EFI’s goals and vision particularly for various projects such as MADAD, SIDA and VAW.
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Logistics management:
- Responsible for procurement and logistics for EFI office in Lebanon
- Coordinates procurement according to budget and planned activities in coordination with country offices HQ.
- Develop and maintain accurate asset inventory list based on the project funding and categories.
- Ensure all assets are registered and tagged with exact location and generate a monthly report.
- Update physical inventory on a regular basis.
- Ensure each Staff has an asset profile, filed with details of equipment handled.
- Complies with Finance and Procurement guidelines when dealing with any transactions; provides initiative to review current guidelines and proposes relevant recommendations.
- Prepare procurement plan, develop timelines and budget requirements for planned or new activities and share with relevant staff and/or partners.
- Manage and prepare procurement activities including material for EFI and partners by taking into account gender specific needs.
- Develop and implement procurement support policy, SOPs and methodologies to the common benefit of EFI. This includes updating the forms across the organization, and the filing system.
- Train and support EFI staff to follow EFI procedures and guidelines for procurement including approval mechanisms.
- Establish procurement committee guidelines and tasks to review tender process and to take final decisions, facilitate the committee meeting and record the discussions and decisions, follow-up the process.
- Negotiate with contractors on service agreements and various policies, follow-up of on-going contracts, taking lessons-learned and flagging to Country Manager to anticipate issues.
- Carry out market studies on by meeting contractors/suppliers, attending exhibition, participating to procurement networks.
- Courier and Shipment:
- Provide efficient alternatives in sending documents to other country offices or to partners through international or local carriers.
- Record the incoming and outgoing mail in record book with reference numbers for official communication. Ensure the confidentiality of each mail.
- Plans and supervises the shipment and delivery of materials up to their final destination.
- Information Technology and Telecommunication (ITT):
- Assist in delivering effective IT services to the office, ensure the smooth running of IT system through local provider.
- Continue updating the software and anti-virus in each computer with efficient cost.
- Develop a tool for useful information sharing in country and among EFI offices including an efficient back-up system for documents and emails.
- If applicable, ensure wireless devices or the server are well protected and maintained.
- Assist daily trouble-shooting for computer and other equipment such as printer, scanner.
- Inventory of professional mobile phones and landlines, monitor the actual agreement with local providers and ensure timely payment.
- Fleet management:
- Monitor EFI vehicle maintenance cost, fuel consumption, safety issue.
- Drives EFI vehicle when needed and takes care of its maintenance, insurance, taxes payment.
- Maintain a vehicle log sheet and report on weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure that personal vehicle use is recorded and to be communicated to Finance for reimbursement.
- In case of hiring daily drivers, ensure a proper selection, training, security advice, handling of contractual arrangements.
- Facilities management:
- Report and initiate immediate actions on minor repairs for office equipment and office structure.
- Contact and deal with landlord about major repairs which need to be done upon the agreement.
- Supervise the installation of equipment and ensure they run smoothly and are maintained.
- Record the lease agreement of EFI premises including the parking slot.
- Update the contact list for staff.
- Ensure the health and safety measures are in place and that staff abide by them.
- Takes part of regular staff meeting and the weekly task report in line with performance management.
- Ensure the compliance with legal and ethical aspects throughout process.
- Any other support or tasks required by EFI or partners with guidance from Country Manager.
This position reports directly to Country Manager who is based in Beirut.
Close collaboration with Finance Officer in Beirut.
Extended support to other country offices in Jordan and Iraq through respective Finance Officer or Country Manager. If required, to support EFI’s partners in term of capacity building and standardization of procedure.
- University degree in business management or finance.
- Certification in procurement or supply chain or logistics domain gives added value.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is desirable.
- Driving license valid in Lebanon.
- Excellent Microsoft Office application especially Excel. Desirable knowledge in financial system such as CIEL, SAP, Oracle etc.
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience in logistics and procurement is required, preferably with international NGOs or institutional donor.
- Proven experience in managing large assets
- Demonstrated expertise in developing logistics and procurement framework
- Ability to provide technical guidance and advise especially to non-logistics colleague/partner
- Knowledge of Lebanese logistics principles and other countries in Jordan or Iraq
- Understanding of development field such and non-profit sector is desirable
- Demonstrated record of accurate and timely reporting.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to complete task and meet deadline.
- Detail-oriented approach with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to details and follow-up mechanism.
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and with partners sharing EFI core values.
- This role is open for qualified Lebanese candidates.
- Duty station is in Beirut.
- A fixed-term position with contract length of 12 (twelve) months extendable.
Why should you apply?
- Impact: You will strengthen access to protection, participation and services for women refugees and host communities.
- Meaningful: You will be a part of a key feminist consortium aiming to improve the livelihood, agency and legal and social protection for Syrian women refugees and women in host communities in Lebanon.
- Career: You will be expanding your skills-set and competence in finance and accounting.
- A great place to work: You will work in a dynamic environment with colleagues sharing values to respect of human rights of women and men.
How to apply:
Email your brief cover letter and CV to application firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 November 2018. Please also indicate ‘Logistics & Procurement Officer Lebanon’ as your email subject.