Labour law and decent work Specialist
Upon submission, please include "Livelihoods – Corporate Law Specialist" in the subject of the email
- Applications without Cover letter will not be considered
-Only short-listed candidates will have their applications acknowledged
- Please include the details of three professional references in your CV ( Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Company's name)
- Concern is an Equal Opportunities Employer
-Any attempts to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification
The Concern Worldwide a candidate for a Legislation and Policy Researcher role to be based in Halba, Akkar, Lebanon. Concern Worldwide Lebanon Livelihoods program is designed around three themes: Skill building and income generation, Sustainable Agriculture, and Micro & Small Enterprise Development. Concern Lebanon aims to decrease household economic vulnerability and reliance on harmful coping strategies by increasing access to livelihoods and protection information and skills; home-based income-generating activities; and training and career guidance linked to savings and protection for adolescents. Under the direct guidance of Program Manager and in close coordination with Protection Manager legislation and policy researcher will be responsible to do extensive research and gather administrative policies from ministry of labour, ministry of refugee, a ministry of trade and commerce, ministry of Social affair and other relevant research institutes to inform the program implementation strategies. The role is expected to help Livelihoods program manager in integrating decent work framework throughout the project activities and provide legal assistance to the beneficiaries in accessing work, creating partnerships, acquiring work permits or any relevant legal assistance.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the Livelihood Program by collecting various laws, administrative policies from various ministries and translating it in to English where needed.
- Conduct thorough analysis of Livelihoods program and on-going activities to see opportunities to integrate international decent work framework as a cross-cutting approach.
- Liaise with protection manager to understand ongoing protection issues and legal disadvantages faced by the most vulnerable host and refugee communities.
- Help MSMEs and new start-ups to understand labor laws, assist cooperatives with registration and assist in formalizing partnership agreements, MoU, letter of Intents etc.
- Providing day to day support in conducting various project activities and fill gaps where needed.
- Assist beneficiaries especially women beneficiaries to access legal information and help them understand various procedures to start a new business, access financial institutions, open bank accounts etc.
- Have great ability to network with political, social and economic actors to see an opportunity of income generation and social integration of displaced population in an amicable way.
Representation and Coordination
- Represent Concern Lebanon at the local, regional and national level in regards to meetings with Consortium members, donors, stakeholder and other relevant actors as necessary.
- Coordinate project activities with other actors and stakeholders in the programme area as necessary.
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner and stakeholders and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Law with a special focus on corporate law; Master’s degree highly desirable. Candidates having degrees in other disciplines but holding strong experience of working in policy research institutes or think tank can be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge of national and international labor laws, Lebanese corporate laws and international framework of ILO decent work.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in research and 2 years of work experience in relevant field, preferably with a focus on decent Work issues in Vocational Skills Development and Livelihood Support with an understanding of Child Protection and Child Labour.
- Excellent communication skills, including training and facilitation;
- Strong management and communication skills, with a good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues.
- Very strong research and analytical skills; ability to translate complex ideas and laws into simple understandable language.
- Very Strong written and oral communication skills in English, including research, Content development, writing, and editing.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the current political, economic, cultural and historical context of the Tripoli and North Akkar, including prior experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members. Strong empathy skills and genuine care and respect for the needs of others.
- A belief in empowering marginalized and disenfranchised people
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Non-judgmental attitude and respect for Concern’s beneficiaries, other staff, and people that Concern deals with.