Call for Consultants
Chemonics International Inc. is the prime contractor for the LED Project, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under Contract No. AID-268-C-17-00001. LED is a three-year (October 2017-September 2020) project with a possible two-year extension to September 2022. LED’s goal is to increase employment opportunities for Lebanese citizens. The purpose of this announcement is to solicit expressions of interest (EOIs) for Individual Consultants who are interested in working with LED and in being included in LED’s short-list of pre-identified individual consultants.
Objective of the EOI
This request for EOI is intended to help LED identify individual consultants who are interested in being included in a pool of pre-identified consultants who may be hired to engage in consulting for LED in the future. Being ‘pre-identified consultant’ does not guarantee any LED business; rather it means that interested consultants may become part of a short-list of consultants whom may be contacted and considered for future specific scopes of work (terms of reference) within the general technical parameters of the LED program.
Although consultants for each scope of work will be contracted individually, this request for EOI will help LED to be aware of consultants’ skills and specializations, and it may enable LED to narrow the pool of competition to only pre-identified, eligible consultants.
Individual consultants shall be called for assignments with LED all over Lebanon.
Scope of Work
Individual consultants will support LED in implementing technical assistance plans and deliver specialized technical assistance and/or training in one or more, but not limited to the following illustrative areas.
- Identifying new buyers/markets
- Improving sales and marketing
- Improving transport, logistics
- Improving product packaging
- Upgrading production techniques
- Enhancing quality control systems
- Improving/upgrading product design
- Identifying/organizing new suppliers
- Upgrading technological innovation
- Accessing credit/finance
- Improving management practices
- Improving human resource
- Improving sales
- Implementing ISO consultancies
- Developing Franchising manuals
- Improving knowledge management
- Corporate Governance
- Other domains
Consultants are not restricted to specific sectors; however, LED anticipates that there is potential for growth and job creation in medium to large firms at the premium end of the market and to develop Lebanon’s potential in export markets.
Interested individual consultants shall have the capacity to enter a short-term technical assistance (STTA) contract and shall have a satisfactory performance record and record of integrity and business ethics.
- Must have at minimum a bachelor’s degree
- Any Individual Consultants with experience more than 5 years in any sector.
- Government employees.
- Individual consultants that appear on the List of Parties Excluded from Federal Procurement and Non-Procurement Programs. The list can be found at http://epls.gov.
How to apply
- General Instructions to Offerors
EOIs are due at 4:00 p.m. September 30,2019. They shall be delivered to the following point of contact:
Roger Karam, Grants and Procurement Manager
Lebanon Enterprise Development Project
The consultant shall submit the EOI in electronic copy. All files constituting the submission should be submitted in software compatible with MS Word and MS Excel. EOI shall be marked as: “Request for EOI for Individual Consultants”.
Only candidates who send all the required documents by email will be eligible. The application submitted should have;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Passport or National ID
- Past work experience schedule stating assignment title, a brief description of the assignment,
client name, the value of work done (preferable Per Day) and point of contact
- Three (3) references (references listed should be from supervisors or other individuals who reviewed the consultancy completed task)
- A copy of the highest awarded education certificate
- Instructions for the Preparation of the EOI
I. Statement of capabilities. Individual Consultant shall provide a concise summary of his capabilities addressing the following elements:
- Demonstrated ability to provide business development services, consulting and training in the above-listed areas (see Section I.), or any other areas of relevance
- Prior experience working with medium and large-sized businesses
- Demonstrated practical experience in multiple industries/sectors, particularly in the areas for which the consultants are proposed
II. Past Performance. The past performance references required by this section shall be included as an annex or attachment.
III. Personnel. Consultant shall include the following elements pertaining to personnel:
- Individual consultant, showing area of expertise (use the attached chart in Annex A)
- CV (preferred and not included in page limit) of the consultant. The CV submitted shall clearly spell out the qualifications and competence in terms of: General qualifications (both academic and general work experience), specific skills possessed by the proposed personnel that are relevant to this scope of work; relevant work experience (both long-term employment and short-term consultancies).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant to the area applied for; master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in the ‘specific relevant area’ (you are applying for) in developing countries, preferably, in Lebanon
- Sound analytical and technical competence in the ‘specific area’ of your application.
- Proven ability to deliver on consultancy deliverables
- Strong organization and communications skills and results oriented
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Excellent report writing skills
- Details about the Offeror—address, contact details
- A copy of a valid certificate of registration (ministry of finance number), if applicable.