Please mention in the subject of your email the title of the position you are applying for. Your resume will be forwarded to the HR department for review against the requirements for the role in which you have expressed interest. A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any Kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding Policies
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES AND DELIVERABLES
- Introduction & Objectives (General info about the project)
Through a market-driven approach that builds sustainable linkages among value chain actors (including producers, processors, supplier and traders), CARE is leading a project funded by WFP through BMZ and implemented by CARE Lebanon, Fairtrade, ADR (Association for the Development of Rural Capacities), and IDRAK. The Project Objective to improve sustainable livelihood opportunities for 1085 vulnerable women and youth (18+) in targeted refugee and Lebanese communities in North Lebanon, Mount Lebanon, and South Lebanon, will therefore increase incomes of rural farmers, benefiting the broader Lebanese economy through rural job creation that also benefits marginalized youth and women, by increasing producer value in both domestic and export markets by upgrading entrepreneurial skill-sets and production/processing capacities in order to improve quality, quantity and consistency of agro-products.
At the individual level, this project will improve the skills, capacities and livelihood opportunities of 330 vulnerable women, youth, and men (Specific Objective/SO 1), including the capacity building of vulnerable agriculture workers at the communal level, the project will work with 485 farmer, food producer cooperative members and agro-processors engaged in targeted value chains in order to increase their income and market opportunities (SO 2); at the institutional level, the project will strengthen key agricultural and market support (AMS) infrastructure that benefits targeted value chains (including coop and processor entities SO 3).
- Proven Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading a curriculum development process at a national level.
- Has a proven track record of producing learning and/or training curricula;
- Knowledge of the Lebanese context and the local communications landscape
- Experience in the humanitarian field
- Has already worked on projects with NGOs and/or UN agencies;
- Education & Certification:
Bachelor or master’s degree in business administration, business management, agriculture engineering, or any relevant major.
- Technical Skills:
Familiarity with MS Office software.
- Language Skills:
Arabic Fluent in speaking, reading and writing
English Fluent in speaking, reading and writing
- Responsibilities and Tasks:
Care International is hiring curriculum development who will be in charge of developing the curriculum and content of a business development and agriculture topics, the curriculum will target Syrian, Lebanese and other nationalities working in the value chain sector. He/She will work on a regular basis with the Project manager, Business development specialist, and Agriculture technical specialist to discuss the strategies and develop the content accordingly to perform the following tasks:
- Develop curriculum for both the Business and Agriculture Value Chain topics in English using the material developed by trainers and team.
- Develop curriculum for other components of the project like food processing and vocational training.
- Evaluate used material and ensure that all teaching material is effective and that it meets the project objectives.
- Participate in the creation of the market assessment tools through focus groups, interviews, and interaction with the local market, the private sector, and the governmental authorities to assess skill gaps and professional needs.
- Revise the current Business and agriculture material developed by CARE trainers.
- Conduct research and consult with CARE staff in the design and development of new curriculum.
- Prepare instructional materials and develop outlines that reply to the market’s needs.
- Lead a Training workshop on Curriculum development for the CARE staff delivering related TOT curriculum.
- An English value Chain curriculum for the trainers, including objectives, materials, and activities.
- Facilitation curriculum for other components of the project like food processing and vocational training.
- Compile the current lesson materials under one outline per category.
- Conduct TOT for the trainers after finalizing the curriculum
- TOT curriculum to train on Curriculum development.
- Assessment tools and findings for skills gaps analyses and Needs Mapping.
- Period of performance
- The curriculum developer will be working at the CARE International Tripoli office as full time start Mid-April 2019 till End-August 2019. Contract extension is an option depends on the project extension if applicable.
- The curriculum developer is expected to work closely and report to the Business Development Specialist and Agriculture specialist.
- Other Competency
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members. Strong empathy skills and genuine care and respect for needs of others.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Creativity: must be able to think of new approaches to develop curriculum
- Time management skills.
- Experience in the agriculture sector is plus