COMMUNICATION SUPPORT FOR CARE SYRIA RESPONSE
CARE International is seeking a young, highly motivated intern for its Syria response. Working with a small team of dedicated professionals, this intern will be responsible for delivering on a mix of communication needs for the organization. It is envisaged that he/she will work up to 18 hours per week to deliver the following:
- Develop a 3 months social media strategy, based on the 2018 workplan
- Develop and publish posts on CARE Syria Response social media channels (FB, Twitter, Insta, YouTube) based on existing and new material
- Share posts with CI and CMs
- Prepare a database of photographs gathered from COs and share them with CARE images teams.
- Translate existing material from English to Arabic (press releases, human interest stories, social media posts)
- Translate stories gathered from inside Syria from Arabic into English
- Update the Syria response factsheet on time for the 7th anniversary package
- Create a Syria factsheet, and support Lebanon and Jordan COs in updating theirs according to CARE standards.
- Produce stories in coordination with Syria and Lebanon offices at the rate of one story from each office per month
- Upload stories on Minerva and photos on CARE Images.
The service provider is expected to work closely with the Communications Director and Manager and those delegated by them.
Essential Profile of the service provider:
The service provider should have the following essential skills and knowledge:
- Experience in social media
- Demonstrated experience writing stories
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to communicate complex subject matter (in a written and oral form) into accessible and simple visual guidance that is accessible to audience
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders, ensuring effective consultation and engagement is achieved
- Fluency (written and oral) in English and Arabic