Project Director – LED Project (Berytech)
If you fit the profile, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including only in the subject email ‘Project Director LED’. Also include a cover letter stating why your profile is the perfect fit to the position and describing your passion in helping Lebanese SME’s grow. Only resumes sent with a cover letter will be considered.
The Project Director will have overall management and operational responsibility in completing Berytech’s role in managing business advisors and will serve as its day to day spokesperson, the position will report directly to Berytech Senior Management and coordinate with Chemonics.
The Project Director will manage the activities of the Business Advisors and other stakeholders as they are involved in the project, including Communication & Outreach, Accounting, Finance and Administrative staff assigned to the project. The Project Director will oversee all short-term consultants and contractors to ensure contracts and agreements are executed and implemented to meet standards set.
Day-to-day collaboration will be required with all team members to ensure the organization is able to achieve its objectives. In addition, the Project Director will work closely with Chemonics to develop consensus around the LED Project and its implementation. A significant component of this project is the problem-solving buyer-led approach (BLA) to help Lebanese firms increase their sales and hire more Lebanese, the Director will be required to demonstrate understanding and experience with this approach.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and lead activities of the LED project to ensure that goals, objectives and all elements are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Manage the program to determine time frame, funding limitations, budget procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Ensure that the LED’s deal pathway stages are followed, they include but are not restricted to prospecting and enterprise identification, profiling, diagnosis and needs assessment, negotiating, reviewing, supporting activities, tracking, etc.
- Coordinate activities to promote and implement the project with governmental organizations, private sector, non-profit and educational institutions, Consultants and other key stakeholders as needed
- Network with local, regional and national agencies; educational institutions; nonprofit organizations; and private sector for promoting the project and for future program development. This will include delivering public presentations and communicating the project’s purpose, value and importance to Lebanon SME’s sector
- Prepare and review project reports to be presented to funding partner
- Provides technical advice and expertise to key team members and selected client companies
- Coordinate with Communication & Outreach for public outreach, press releases, public presentations of the work performed and web site development and content
- Research other funding sources to better support the selected companies
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- MBA or other advanced degree in relevant field and at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic. French is also preferred.
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Lebanon, as needed, to deliver on the assignment (Beirut, Mount Lebanon, South and Bekaa are the regions covered by Berytech).
- Successful experience in managing large scope projects.
- Business acumen and experience; hands-on experience in the private sector, strong professional network to identify subject companies, assess their needs, design appreciate technical assistance support scheme, evaluating if a business propositions is worth pursuing.
- Analytical skills; quantifying the impact of assistance provided to a client, estimating the profitability of an activity, and working closely with clients to close deals.
- Problem-solving ability; demonstrated capability for effective ad hoc problem solving since program will likely run into unexpected obstacles that require fast creative problem solving.
- Ability to manage large teams and get them to deliver as per project’s objectives, ability to bring people together and cultivate trust in commercial relationships (a key element of the buyer-led approach to transaction sustainability).
- A robust personal and professional network to select and evaluate potential client companies, identify buyers, assess new opportunities for funding or others, and making the business community aware of program capabilities and services.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Excellent Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Strong Personal and Professional Networks