Senior Finance Officer
Please submit your application via the following link:
Tasks & Responsibilities
Programme Financial Management:
· Managing project budget; organize / attend budget meetings, prepare budget forecasts and regularly update Finance management for ongoing project related issues. Prepare monthly project transaction report.
· Point of contact of all project budget management issues.
· Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts in line with approval mechanism, financial procedures, compliance and donor requirements
· Record tasked financial transactions to regional accounting software and ensure all project related transactions entered into the accounting system are accurate and documented correctly.
· Organize / archive project records according to compliance requirements of company/donor
· Ensure all project related transactions entered into the accounting system are accurate and documented correctly.
· Building project budgets.
· Following up accruals, prepayments, deposits, insurance tracking.
· Third party / bank / cash reconciliations
· Other administrative & financial duties as needed.
Office Financial Management:
· Maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, depreciation, cost, operating expenses, and insurance records in close coordination with the finance management
· Oversee the handling of petty cash in collaboration with the operations manager and/or country manager
· Assist in the end of month review of project journals to ensure proper coding of all payments
· Support on internal and project audits involving review of accounting, financial, and administrative controls
· Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting
· Ensure all records and archive are kept up to date
· Act as point of contact with company lawyer and auditors.
· Complete relevant tax procedures in coordination with an independent auditing firm (VAT, social security and income tax).
- 4 years University degree in finance/accounting.
- 4+ years of hands-on finance/accounting experience in INGO
- Prior budget management experience on US Grants, FCO, DFID, PSOPs is required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Mature individual with attention to detail, able to work independently and under stressful conditions and tight deadline
- Knowledge of relevant TAX and Social Security legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Effective communicator, analytical thinker, active learner and team player
- Demonstrate ability to maintain in performing responsibilities assigned
- Strong knowledge of computer application specially, MS word, Excel and outlook
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability required
- Fluent in English, French and Arabic.
ARK Group is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. ARK Group does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. We welcome all kinds of diversity. ARK Group places human dignity at the centre of its development and stabilisation work and is thus committed to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adults. All ARK Group employees and related-personnel are expected to share this commitment, and only those who also uphold these values will be recruited as part of our team. This vacancy is therefore subject to a range of due diligence checks.