Training of Parenting Trainers (ToT)
ARC’s strategic objectives are to produce resources and to develop capacities, thus generally nurturing the resource culture in Arab countries. Working with partners, ARC contributes to better childhood, health, education, communication, and community development by producing reference books (such as the Arabic edition of “Where There is no Psychiatrist”), training manuals, newsletters and other educational materials and by convening workshops and capacity building events to develop the human resources.
ARC is organizing a Training of Parenting Trainers from October 17 to October 21, 2018.
The TOT aims to build the capacities of 12 ECD persons, social workers, and psychologist in delivering parenting and psycho-social support sessions for parents in underprivileged settings, based on the Health, Early Learning, and protection parenting program training manual.
Trainees Requested Profile:
- University degree in Early Childhood Development, Social Work or Psychology, or any relevant field.
- Experience in performing capacity building, action plans, training sessions, development projects, preferably in the ECD and MHP sectors is a plus.
- Fair knowledge on PSS, family dynamics, developmental stages, communication skills, strategies for implementation of activities.
- Ability to learn skills in delivering training sessions - workshops, supporting senior management and field staff.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Good presentation skills.
- Proficiency in oral and written Arabic.
- Good coordination, cooperation, and teamwork skills.
- Good organizational, resource management, and time management skills.
- Ability to plan, stay on track; find and use resources; and efficient time management.
- Engage with others to share ideas and solve problems.
Shortlisted candidates will receive an application form to be filled and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Sunday, October 7, 2018.