Duties and responsibilities
The Education Psychologist will perform frequent field visits to our CB-ECE centers.
The tasks and responsibilities can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Identification of the most vulnerable stakeholders in need
- Support field teams during field visits in order to identify cases, understand the environment and apply follow up.
- Ensure case assessment including environmental, social, emotional, and behavioral factors as well as resources and strengths that impact mainly the child well- being but all stakeholders as well;
- Assessment and follow-up of stakeholders, mainly the learners, to ensure social and emotional support
- Assess the needs of the stakeholders, mainly the learners, and their families giving particular attention to protection and psycho social concerns
- Listen with respect and attention to the stakeholders Establish a case folder for each family to note the family situation, plan of intervention, follow up and updates
- Promote the development and empowerment of teachers by providing social support to facilitate integration and adaptation.
- Monitor and follow up the outcome of the assistance provided
- Plan at the level of the community any needed intervention to sustain the improvement plan
- Reporting: The role reports toPSS and Health Manager/Program Manager
- Provide weekly and monthly activity reports to the Program Manager.
- Cultivate and facilitate contact with local organizations related to the position, in close collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Design an action plan resulting from a needs assessment.
- Priorities of the program
- Provide the needed support and basic counselling to cases with PSS/social and emotional concerns
- Manage referrals and follow ups for protection and safeguarding cases
- Work with children with specific problems until reaching a solution
- Keep an updated referral pathway for cases.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education degree: Educational Psychologist/Social Sciences License or equivalent diploma
- Language skills: Fluent in English and good command of Arabic (speaking, reading, writing).
- Work experience: Minimum of 1-2 years of working with children in vulnerable communities.
- Experience in working with refugees is a plus.
- Ability to communicate and to listen
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational and reporting skills
- Respect of professional confidentiality
- Patience and willing to make a change
12 Feb, 2019
Thursday, 28 February 2019
Period of Employment
Per Project Duration
Beirut, Beqaa, West Beqaa, Balbaack, North
Field based- Across AA Education Entities, sometimes will be working in Beirut
1200 to 1500 (USD)
Education Degree Details:
Education degree: Psychology
3 to 5 years