Kindly mention the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of you email.
Minimum of five years of experience required
Previous NGO experience
Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written
Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, as well as donor agencies, government officials, and other NGO’s;
Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
Excellent decision making skills
Strong writing and presentation skills;
Proven capabilities in leadership required
Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
The Medical Coordinator’s prime responsibilities is to manage the day-to-day activities of the medical program and the training of the health staff, to provide medical expertise and guidance for the medical staff, to ensure regular and adequate drug supplies for all sites, to monitor and evaluate medical activities and to ensure the highest standards of care within the medical program.
The Medical Coordinator is based in Beirut with frequent visits to Amel health centers in Mount-Lebanon, Bekaa and South Lebanon. She/he works full time: 8 hours per day/ five days per week. He/she is required to conduct frequent field visits and work unconventional hours whenever there is a major event/activity.
Tasks and duties
Task #1 – Overall coordination
- Coordinate the schedule of the doctors in all health centers to ensure balanced coverage of patient’ needs in the centers
- Work closely with the medical doctors and health team to determine the training needs of the medical staff
- Work with the program and health coordinators to design and implement a reporting system to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes of the programs as well as trends in mortality and morbidity.
- Work with government health authorities and international agencies to ensure implementation of standardized national health information systems and Accreditation standards of Quality.
- Work with program coordinator and management team to draft concepts for future funding following the protocols and formats of each relevant donor
- Visit all health centers on a weekly basis
- Ensure sufficient stock of drugs in the health centers by coordinating the Materials Request Forms and the procurement of new drugs and medical supplies
- Assist and supervise the administration of the Epidemiological data tool by the Head of Centers
Task #2 – Technical guidance and trainings
- Provide quality technical guidance to site primary health care services, reproductive health team through planning, supportive supervision to health facilities to ensure that Basic Package of Health Services is in place and fully functional;
- Provide technical guidance and supportive supervision to site health program staff;
- Organize health assessments and design health interventions accordingly in coordination with UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for training of health care staff in coordination with UNFPA, WHO, MdM, IMC, MSF or other relevant stakeholders in health programs
- Analyze pharmacy reports to monitor drug consumption per center and adjust procurement as needed
- Supervise the required equipment, drugs, medical supplies and furniture needs
Task # 2- Reporting / Representation / Networking
- Provide a monthly narrative medical report to the Emergency Team
- Write and compile reports and ensure effective reporting of all program activities to the Field coordinator;
- Keep in regular contact with the Emergency Team
- Represent Amel during Health Education meetings under coordination of UNHCR in the Bekaa, South Lebanon and Beirut
- Attend health coordination meetings as well as other coordination meetings which are relevant to country programs.
- Develop and maintain a good working relation with representatives of the Ministry of Health, local hospitals and other stakeholders of concern to ensure an effective implementation of health interventions for Syrian refugees
Task # 5 – Other tasks as assigned
- Assist during field visits of AMEL, UNHCR or other external delegations to the field input
- Provide input in case of developing new medical projects