Finance and HR Officer
Position Title: Finance and HR Officer
Business Unit: Administration
Reports to: Head of Orginization & Manager of Alzahraa Medical Dispensary
The Alawite Islamic Charity Association (AICA), a non-profit non-governmental organization located mainly in Jabal Mohsen – Tripoli and Akkar, registered under the decree No. 4500/1950 , was founded in 1950 in order to claim the rights of the Alawite Muslim community through development and social projects as well as health care and medical services.
AICA projects and activities aim to mitigate all forms of discrimination towards civil rights access (medical, health, education, work opportunities, or any other additional required support), raise individual and collective awareness, mainstream protection and disseminate risks prevention.
The intervention strategy consists on holistic and sustainable community development, advocacy and peace building, education and training, primary health care and medical services, religious services.
Customer Service Provides a comprehensive personalised service to customers including consumers, suppliers, stakeholders, service providers and health professionals.
Resource Management Understands and makes best use of the available resources including personnel, systems, policies, procedures, assets, equipment and information & communication technology.
Team Contributor Contributes to the overall performance of the team and organisation through communicating and interacting effectively with others.
Personal Awareness Is self-aware in terms of strengths and weaknesses; understands how own behaviour and actions impact on others and the business.
The Finance and HR Officer is responsible for processing of payroll, administration of salary packaging, payments to funds and reconciliation of accounts. The HR components include HR Administration, HR support for management (recruitment, contracts, orientation and training), and responding to general HR queries. This role also provides support to the Accountant and Business Services Manager by assisting with bank and general ledger reconciliations, accrual entries, supplier payments and journal processing.
Key Duties & Accountabilities
1. Preparation of Payroll
2. Complete payroll returns to funds
3. Reconcile payroll accounts
4. Completion of Salary Packaging details
5. Payroll journals
6. Reconciliation of Salary Sacrifice accounts
7. Liaise with Salary Packaging provider
8. Accounts payable, supplier accounts reconciliation
9. Payments of supplier accounts
10. Assist with maintenance of Timesheets
11. General ledger reconciliations
12. Bank reconciliations
13. Recruitment support including advertising, preparation of interview and employee offer
package, all system set up
14. Assist with induction and training for new staff
15. Set up and maintenance of employee HR software package and files
16. Maintain training and development skills database
17. Address staff queries in terms of employment
18. Assist with preparation of reports for management
19. Relief accountant duties, as required
20. Promote the philosophy and objectives of the organisation
21. Create, implement and adhere to all policy and procedural requirements of the organisation.
22. Undertake other duties as assigned.
Essential SELECTION CRITERIA:
Relevant tertiary degree level qualification (Accounting, HR)
Minimum 3 years work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Sound understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
Experience and knowledge of HR practices and standard conditions of employment
Proficient in MS-Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word (intermediate level required)
Proficient in accounting and payroll softwares
Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a small team, to deliver the desired outcomes by established deadline
High level of attention to detail
Ability to investigate & solve problems with a continuous improvement focus
High level of verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of Not for Profit sector
Current National Police Check
Knowledge of general legislative requirements (Occupational Safety & Health Act, Privacy Act, NFSS, etc.)
- North Lebanon