SECONDED ENGINEERS to NLWE (Lebanese Nationals Only)
Applicants shall send their CV to the email: email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line. Emails received without the name of the position in the subject will be disregarded
The North Lebanon Water Establishment is investing in improving its design, operation and maintenance capacities by migrating many of their functions to a centralized hydraulic model, and ACTED is providing the needed support. The Engineer will be seconded to the North Lebanon Water Establishment (NLWE) for a period of six months to support in formatting and migrating data, and building the hydraulic model.
The Engineer will be seconded to the NLWE in Tripoli where they will be stationed daily and work under the supervision of the NLWE Technical Department.
Key performance indicators will be established at the start of the consultancy based on the objectives and time of the consultancy. The Junior Consultant will feedback on the document; however the final document will be prepared by ACTED and NLWE. Signature of this document will be required to launch the consultancy. The KPIs will then be reviewed monthly.
The scope of the work will be confirmed in weekly workplans approved by the NLWE and ACTED, and the duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Objective 1. Support in preparation of the database:
- Cleaning of existing data (remove overlaps between various versions / sources)
- Information on the network that is available from other information systems, for instance from invoicing department (subscriptions in order to determine the water demand …)
- GPS location of pipes, pipe diameter, pipe material, age etc.
- Verify the quality of data by undertaking quality checks in the field. If essential data is missing, field trips should be organized to collect additional data that is needed to obtain a complete database, including elevation data
- Information on pumping schedule and distribution schedule
- Information on Water demand patterns (from existing flow meters) in order to perform extended period simulations
Objective 2. Data migration to WaterCAD and hydraulic analysis
- Entering demand information
- Entering / importing basemaps, cadastral data, elevation data from GIS / DEM / Toposurvey
- Entering additional information for tanks and pumps (including controls and schedules)
- Adding valves (PRVs in particular)
- Model validation
- Run Steady-State analysis for the system
Objective 3. Effective coordination
- Under the management of the NLWE, the Engineer will be required to coordinate with all NLWE teams to ensure the efficient completion of the tasks:
- Coordination with the Operation and Maintenance Departments and sub offices to validate, check overlaps/discrepancies in the data and acquire missing data
- Coordination with the field teams to acquire additional data related to pumping stations, tanks, valves (PRVs in particular), Demand pattern data (from flowmeters).
- The Engineer will be required to provide clear reports as requested, including weekly reports of progress related to the objectives of the mission
- Any potential delays in implementation must be reported in a timely manner to ensure that the objectives of the mission are met
- Reports will be submitted to both NLWE and ACTED
The Junior Consultant Engineer shall be solely responsible for the quality and integrity of its services including the deliverable outputs outlined in this Terms of Reference. The Junior Consultant shall coordinate all work assignments with ACTED, and conduct discussions and consultations the North Lebanon Water Establishment (NLWE) when necessary. The consultant shall deliver the following outputs under the agreed time frame:
Signature of monthly key performance indicators confirmed by NLWE and ACTED
Within two weeks of signed contract
Weekly workplan (ACTED to provide template)
Due on Friday COB of each week
Weekly report of progress, including barriers and mitigation (ACTED to provide template)
Due on Friday COB of each week
Confirmation of monthly key performance indicators
- REPORTING AND CONTRACT PERIOD
The Consultant will report daily to the directly to the focal point assigned by the North Lebanon Water Establishment and ACTED’s WASH Program Manager, who will jointly supervise the assignment. Contact address; E-Mail:Rawad.firstname.lastname@example.org
The intended start date is January 2019. The consultant shall commence the consulting service upon the effective date of the contract notice to proceed, and the deadline to implement the specific work will be a maximum period of 6 months.
- REQUIRED EXPERTISE
The consultant shall be composed of qualified staff with sufficient skills and experiences necessary to undertake the range of tasks set out in this Terms of Reference. These include, but are not limited to:
- Candidates should provide evidence of proficiency in WaterCAD and experience in hydraulic modeling to be eligible for this role
- Educational background in engineering with a focus on water distribution related works;
- Excellent working knowledge and at least 2 years’ experience in ArcGIS or similar, WaterCAD and AutoCAD
- Experience in data management and formatting;
- Experience in surveying using GPS
- Strong communication, inter-personal skills, and diplomacy;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to achieve targets set in agreed timelines;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Spoken Arabic is required. Spoken and written English is strongly preferred. Spoken French is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively through email