SDC capacity development officer
Applications should include a detailed CV with at least two References. Please send your CV, in English, writing in the subject the reference "SDC capacity development officer" to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. The deadline for submission is July 20, 2018. Any CV submitted without reference to the position will be disregarded
ACTED has launched a project to improve the capacity of Social Development Centers, as decentralized units of the Ministry of Social Affairs, to provide services in their communities. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Social Development Center (SDC) capacity development officer is responsible to guide and follow up with SDCs targeted for institutional capacity building within the program, notably focusing on organizational and operational systems strengthening. This includes assessment, tailoring and implementation of training, and on the job coaching and mentoring ; and any other activity as required.
Support in design of the capacity building framework:
- Review in coordination with the Partnership Manager and the Technical Coordinator ACTED’s organizational capacity assessment tool and tailor/adapt it for Social Development Centers
- Develop or liaise with technical consultants to develop the training content according to the institutional capacity categories
- Develop a tailored capacity building plan (including trainings, policy development and system development) based on the capacity assessment of each center
Interaction with the Social Development Center staff:
- Provide an induction on the program, its objectives and what support is envisaged as part of the project
- Conduct the capacity assessment in each center and consolidate results
- Work with the Social Development Center to develop and prioritize their capacity building plan
- Work with the SDC to develop a request for support proposal, which will direct the funding provided by ACTED to improve service delivery
- Provides the trainings as per the capacity development plan, directly or in liaison with technical consultants engaged in the project depending on the topic
- Coaches and mentors the SDCs to put in place financial/administrative/governance policies and processes that are lacking as per the capacity assessment, including providing templates and guidance notes
- Provide timely quality control on the processes put into place, in liaison with other ACTED support departments.
- Deliver needed trainings for the SDCs about ACTED guidelines, transparency and any related matters as needed
- Prepare monthly reports detailing the review progress for each SDC, and any challenges faced
- Ensure that the reporting guidelines, formats, and deadlines for each SDC are respected
- At least 2+ years previous experience in institutional capacity building is required.
- Degree in public administration, finance, law, or public policy required (or a degree in a related field to international development and previous experience in similar projects).
- Fluency in Arabic is required; English skills required.
- Must be creative, independent, and highly motivated.
- Proven experience in dealing with local stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report writing.
- Excellent training, facilitation and capacity building skills.