Accountability Officer (Lebanese Nationals Only)
Applications should include a detailed CV with at least two References. Please send your CV, in English, writing in the subject the reference "Accountability Officer" to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. The deadline for submission is July 20, 2018. Any CV submitted without reference to the position will be disregarded
The Accountability Officer contributes to improving the quality of ACTED programming through the accurate registration and timely follow up of any complaints about ACTED’s activities or staff and contributing to the development of appropriate messaging and communication strategies.
Under the guidance of the AME Manager r, the Accountability Officer’s role is to support project teams in ensuring programme quality as well as ensuring constructive and positive communication with ACTED project beneficiaries and other community members. The Accountability Officer will work closely as a part of the team unit with program field staff.
- Complaint registration, documentation and follow up
- Organize regular internal trainings for ACTED’ staff, in order to present the complaint response mechanism as well as basic humanitarian and protection principles.
- Receive calls on the ACTED hotline during the designated hours and fully document the communication
- Receive referred complaints from ACTED field staff from their field visits and fully document the complaint
- Attend key ACTED events (e.g. distributions, trainings, forums) in order to disseminate information related to accountability and record complaints.
- Maintain an updated database of when and where the complaint response mechanism was presented to the different groups of beneficiaries / stakeholders that ACTED works with.
- Data entry and complaint follow up
- Fully enter information regarding the complaints collected in the complaint response mechanism database, including the categorization of the complaint, and cross check the quality of that data
- When needed, refer the complaint internally to the relevant team member
- When needed, investigate the complaint directly through a review of ACTED’s processes and project’s data. Following the investigation, the accountability officer is expected to make recommendations on how to improve ACTED’s internal processes and mechanisms in order to avoid such complaints in the future.
- When needed, to a referral / refer the complaint externally, to a competent agency’s focal point.
- Develop response messages for the complainant in collaboration with the Country AME Officer as relevant. Re-contact complainants in a timely manner according to the timeline communicated to the complainant at the time of complaint registration and communicate the key messages established
- Attend relevant cluster / sector meetings when required to, feedback back interesting elements to the team.
- The Accountability officer is also required to assist in other program or AME activities upon request of his/her direct supervisor.
Required personal qualities
The Accountability officer will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of the duties described in the previous section.
- Diplomacy is required for all interactions; this includes validating key messages with Project Managers/Coordination before communicating information to refugees.
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative;
- Collection of data must be thorough and accurately documented.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently
- Understanding the nature of work carried out by programs is necessary for ensuring the relevance and usability of the reports produced. Therefore a proactive and self-motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programs is essential. In addition some prior knowledge of project specifics practices is desirable.
- Competency in all computer related tasks in Word and Excel is strongly desirable.
- Strong managerial skills including strong staff training abilities (pedagogical skills).
- Ability to travel to the field, including potential overnight stays in ACTED’s guest house in Akkar.
- Fluency (written and oral) in Arabic and English is required
- Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff and rural communities are essential