Senior Social worker
Interested Candidates should send their CV & cover letter to [email protected] Copying [email protected] mentioning the title of the position in the email subject line no later than August 14th, 2020.
CV's received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABAAD is an equal employment opportunity organization!
MoSA is seeking the services of Senior Social Worker that will be recruited by ABAAD and selected based on a joint process between MoSA and ABAAD.
This Position will be contracted by ABAAD and deployed by MOSA central office.
Provide technical support to Ministry of Social Affairs (MOSA) in implementing the child welfare program including child protection and case management.
MoSA is aiming at strengthening the child protection including case management system and improving coordination among all the actors involved in this area, including MOSA’s staff and teams, social development centers, international and local NGOs contracted and not contracted by MOSA for this purpose.
Under the the guidance General Director with the support of UNICEF, the juvenile protection division is responsible for the institutionalization of the child protection case management system and for the provision of the necessary supervision and optimal coordination among all partners to standardize the use of the Standard Operating Procedures for Juvenile Protection in Lebanon (SOPs) and the related standardised tools and forms. In addition, it is responsible for establishing the internal referral pathway in MOSA, as well as automating the case documentation using the child protection information management system (CPIMS).
Scope of work
The Senior social worker will contribute to the well-functioning and the effective implementation of the child protection case management and specialised services provision by the Juvenile Protection Division and fulfil the conditions necessary for its success, including the optimal implementation by MOSA’s social workers assigned to manage child protection cases on the one hand, and the NGOs contracted by MOSA on the other hand. The seniors social worker will also oversee the use and application of the Standard Operating Procedures for Juvenile Protection (SOPs) and the associated case management standardized tools, as well as the child protection information management system (CPIMS) and other case management monitoring systems in accordance with the laws and procedures in force and in the light of the circulars, decisions and memoranda issued by MOSA in this regard.
Deliverables and Schedules
- Provide technical support and guidance to the social workers assigned to do child protection case management.
- Provide support to the focal points to complete referrals to specialized services.
- Contribute to coordination with MOSA’s relevant units and develop proposals on ensuring the integration of various interventions.
- Coordinate with the CPIMS administrator and the M&E Officer, when necessary, to ensure proper use of the system by social workers in MoSA.
- Provide the necessary support to implement MOSA’s internal referral pathway, including support for the establishment of the case management committee in the pilot phase.
- Provide support and follow-up to the capacity building file on the implementation of the SOPs in coordination with UNICEF
- Propose the necessary trainings, workshops, and meetings of MOSA SW
- Support MoSA in developing external coordination mechanisms for CPCM
- Provide support to the social services directorate and other units at MoSA around the situation of children in Lebanon.
- Support improving the terms and conditions of the contractual relationship with MOSA’s contracted NGOs in terms of updating the work tools relative to visits and reports including assessment form
- Contribute to the preparation of the progress reports and other technical documents
- Develop regular reports focusing related to the situation of children including challenges and making the necessary proposals at the level of future planning.
- Provide direct support to administration in submitting project proposals.
- Prepare the minutes of meetings held with different parties.
- Contribute to the development of the concerned units annual and quarterly action plans and
- Review and provide an opinion on national action plans and local and international reports received by the Division.
- Perform other tasks requested by the Ministry.
- Submit general monthly reports s to MoSA s DG through the administrative channel (hierarchy )
- Submit technical each 3 months to MoSA DG
- Submit technical reports related to case management to the head of social Services Directorate through the head of juvenile protection division.
Master’s in social work or Bachelor in Social Work and Masters in a related field.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in child protection case management.
- A 5-year experience in coordination or project management.
- Familiarity with Lebanon’s public administration systems.
- Ability to communicate and work within a team.
- Adequate knowledge of the child’s right convention, the national legal framework especially the Law No. 422/2002 (Protection of Juveniles in Conflict with the Law and/or at Risk) and law 293 (protection of women and families members from domestic violence) and the SOPs in Lebanon.
- Training skills and team supervision.
- Experience in Lebanese NGOs work and the contractual relationship with MOSA.
Expected skills and behaviours:
- Experience in working with children and marginalized groups.
- Communication and coordination skills.
- Respect for ethnic and cultural differences and the ability to deal with various social groups.
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations.
- Experience in planning and organizing group activities.
- Experience in dealing with difficult cases and the psychological stress resulting from them.
- Compliance with MOSA’s regulations and maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Willingness to work outside office hours when the need arises.
Excellent command of the Arabic and English languages in reading and writing.