Senior Implementation Coordinator
Candidates interested in applying for the position should send their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] by August, 24, 2020 . The subject of the email should state the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABAAD is an equal employment opportunity organization.
JOB TITLE: Senior Implementation Coordinator
LOCATION: Beirut, Lebanon
ABAAD – Resource Centre for Gender Equality is a UN ECOSOC-accredited organization that aims to achieve gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region.
The Senior Implementation Coordinator will lead the implementation of ABAAD’s projects across the field centers. S/he has the responsibility to manage field staff, to provide the support needed for successful implementation, and to ensure that day-to-day project operations are running smoothly. This requires ensuring that results-based management and best practices are put into place so that all interventions and activities are running eﬀectively and eﬃciently and that ABAAD’s work reflects gender sensitivity, accountability, transparency and compliance, in line with international standards.
Post holder reports to: Head of Programs
- Manage ABAAD’s field staff across the country and directly oversee the work of area coordinators to ensure accountability to ABAAD’s policies and donors’ requirements
- Ensure programmatic strategies and best practices are shared and mainstreamed across field teams
- Provide support in the preparation of work plans, monitor progress and address field challenges
- Facilitate the coordination of the field teams with HQ for logistics, IT, procurement, communication etc.
- Follow up with the financial controller regarding compliance of payments with ABAAD’s and donor’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that field requests are relevant to the needs. Manage in-kind distributions
- Ensure that proper documentation, archiving and filing of data and social files are constantly updated
- Ensure proper and accountable implementation with close coordination with the MEL unit to maintain a robust MEL framework, proper data collection and quality implementation
- Coordinate closely with Grants and Project coordinators to achieve projects activities and deliverables, budget compliance within ABAAD’s and donors’ requirements
- Support the Grants unit in identifying gaps in programs and support in developing innovative approaches to address them
- Support Grants and Project Coordinators in donors reporting
Human Resources Management
- Support HR in recruitment of field staff as needed
- Ensure capacity building and support is provided to field staff
- Follow up with Area Coordinators on staff related issues and conflicts.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- Responsible for discussing job expectations and performance review
- Ensure staff are adhering to ABAAD’s code of conduct
Coordination and Representation
- Ensure and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure key concerns are reported to HQ
- Receive and accompany donors to field visits
- Other duties as assigned by Head of Programs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of experience in field program implementation in an I/NGO
- University degree in social science or related discipline
- Knowledge of gender and gender equality;
- Experience in field coordination, monitoring and follow up;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic; French is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capacity to innovate and think creatively
- Efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Calm in stressful situations
- Identifies priority activities and assignments