Candidates interested in applying for the position should send their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] by August, 24, 2020 . The subject of the email should state the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABAAD is an equal employment opportunity organization.
ABAAD is a non-profit, non-politically affiliated, non-religious civil association that aims to achieve gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region. ABAAD seeks to promote women's equality and participation through policy development, legal reform, and gender mainstreaming, engaging men, eliminating discrimination, and advancing and empowering women to participate effectively and fully in their communities. ABAAD also seeks to support and collaborate with civil society organizations that are involved in gender equality programs and advocacy campaigns.
JOB PURPOSE: ABAAD is starting a GBV Case Management program in various locations in Beirut, Northern and Beka'a Governorates. The Finance Officer will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing financial documents & reports. The Finance Officer will support the implementation of a quality and impact of projects and to ensure accurate timely and swift financial accounting of ABAAD different programs and meet local legal, organizational and donor reporting requirements.
Post holder reports to: Finance & Administrative Manager
- Maintain financial and accounting systems and procedures to ensure compliance with ABAAD financial standards and policies and legal and donor requirements;
- Financial monitoring of expenditures as per approved funds and budget lines (i.e. procurement/admin costs, salaries, direct project costs etc.);
- Ensure and archive all documents related to internal financial systems of ABAAD and funded projects (pay roll of staff through bank account, cash management, segregation of duties, back up documents for expenses are in place etc.);
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintain all records related to transactions made in relation to projects.
- Collect bids and quotations and archive all bills and expenses.
- Identify the need for stationery, supplies , material and items needed and coordinate purchases and settlement of expenses;
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Maintain and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Corporate Finance, Business Management or related field
- 2-3 years’ work experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and flexibility
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Effective time management, ability to plan workloads and demonstrate accountability for outputs
- Demonstrable experience of project financial reporting including to donors
- Professional knowledge of the methods of financial analysis and the methodology for the preparation of budgets
- Professional knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures of the Central Bank
- Professional Experience in the use of Financials Systems/Software
- Excellent reporting Skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, time management and data entry management
- Fluency in English and Arabic both oral and written.