Consultant: Psychotherapist for moderation of Support Groups’ sessions for men & teen adolescent boys in South of Lebanon
Interested Candidates are required to their CV along with a technical proposal & financial proposal (attached seperately) no later than Wednesday August 19th to the email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ABAAD is an equal employment opportunity organization!
ABAAD is a non-profit, non-politically affiliated, non-religious civil association that aims to achieve gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region. ABAAD seeks to promote women's equality and participation through policy development, legal reform, and gender mainstreaming, engaging men, eliminating discrimination, and advancing and empowering women to participate effectively and fully in their communities. ABAAD also seeks to support and collaborate with civil society organizations that are involved in gender equality programs and advocacy campaigns.
The Psychotherapist will be facilitating support group sessions targeting men & teen adolescent boys at ABAAD Men Center in the South.
While case management helps in identifying options and needed services, the support group ensures a space of expression where men with predisposition to use violent behaviors will receive direct psychosocial support. The aim is to give them the opportunity to work:
1) On an individual level to develop their self-awareness and self-help capacities,
2) On the relational level to build a supportive social network through the relationships formed during the support group session
3) On a broader coping level to deal with the daily stressors
REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports to Director of Programs
Offering 32 support group sessions to men and boys divided into 4 cycles (8 sessions each).
Moderating support group’s sessions including:
- Defining the criteria for recruiting and identifying possible beneficiaries
- Moderate support groups for men and teen adolescent boys
- Refer to Mental Health (MH) service provider for follow up on individual level as per need/request from individuals
- Collaborating with Case Worker (CW) and Psychiatrist when needed, to ensure that individuals have a healthy and framed access to specialized mental health service.
- Work closely with ABAAD’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator to develop M&E tools and assess the satisfaction of targeted men and boys’ beneficiaries using the satisfaction survey & the longer-term impact of the sessions post completion, and to assess the impact of the provided activities through using MEAL tools, such as pre-posttests, evaluation forms, etc…
Other objectives and axis of intervention should be identified when needed based on the psychosocial specificities of each beneficiary in the group.
The main and general objectives of this specialized intervention are:
- Working with individuals on their identity and self-awareness
- Working with individuals on traumatic events in his life
- Working with individuals on the grief process (specifically following the loss of loved ones, the loss of relationships, and the loss of the family or of the couple she was expecting to have, etc.)
- Working with individuals on rebuilding healthy relational interactions with others
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor Degree in Mental Health, Psychology, or Clinical Psychology. Master Degree is a plus
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in gender & psychology
- Completed his/her supervision and hold an “authorization of practice” from the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
- Experience in field of working with men and masculinities programs
- Understanding relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to human rights, gender equality, non-discrimination and GBV principles
- Ability to work under pressure and in crisis situation, as individual and in a team
- Ability to work across socio-cultural and religious contexts
- Belief in ABAAD’s mission and vision and UNHCR values
- Languages: Fluency in spoken and written Arabic, English and French are a plus
Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- South Lebanon