Consultant to deliver Stress and Anger Management workshops – South of Lebanon
Interested Candidates are required to their CV along with a technical proposal & financial proposal (attached seperately) no later than Wednesday August 19th 2020 to the email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ABAAD is an equal employment opportunity organization!
ABAAD is a non-profit, non-politically affiliated, non-religious civil association that aims to achieve gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region. ABAAD seeks to promote women's equality and participation through policy development, legal reform, and gender mainstreaming, engaging men, eliminating discrimination, and advancing and empowering women to participate effectively and fully in their communities. ABAAD also seeks to support and collaborate with civil society organizations that are involved in gender equality programs and advocacy campaigns.
The consultant will provide Stress and Anger Management workshops targeting men and adolescent boys in the community and/or ABAAD’s Men Center in order to achieve the main goal of these workshops which is to prevent violent behavior. The consultant is expected to use ABAAD’s existing related materials & co-produce with ABAAD Monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) Team an M&E package to ensure pre & post-assessment of Knowledge, Attitude & Practices’ changes of participants post workshop.
The aim of stress and anger workshops is to help men and boys with acquiring knowledge and skills to do the following:
- Understand why stress and anger management is important;
- Understand and manage one’s own stress & its triggers;
- Understand the importance of expressing one’s emotions in a non-destructive way, as a strategy for stress relief and management;
- Cope differently with stress, especially through learning about taking personal responsibility for our feelings and not blaming them on others, or making them the objects of our bad feelings;
- To understand the stress and anger triggers and to know how to respond to these triggers;
- Identify cues and how one can predict, control, and prevent the episodes of extreme stress and anger by recognizing them; and,
- Differentiate between anger and violence and to help participants to identify the ways they express their anger through means other than violence.
REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports to Director of Programs.
Within the approach followed by ABAAD to engage men and boys in the concepts of gender and masculinities with the aim of ending violence against women and girls, and other forms of gender based violence, the consultant is responsible to:
- Conduct Four training workshops on stress and anger management (two days each) to 60 men and male youth
- The Four training workshops will be carried out targeting men and male youth among the affected population as part of ABAAD emergency GBV prevention efforts.
- Each workshop will target 15 men and male youth from both Syrian and host communities.
- The consultant is to share prior to workhsop’s implementation the relevant\adapted tools, scripts, materials to be used during sessions, building on ABAAD existing materials, to ensure these are culturally sensitive to the targeted population;
- The specialist is to provide progress reports (as per ABAAD template covering observations from workshop’s proceedings and recommendations on group level and individualized participant’s level) after finalizing activities with each group, and to work closely with ABAAD’s MEAL Coordinator to provide support in the application of the quality assurance procedures through:
- Assessing the satisfaction of targeted men and boys using the satisfaction survey
- Assessing impact of the provided activities through using the created MEAL tools in close coordination with ABAAD MEAL Team, such as pre-posttests, evaluation forms, etc…
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor Degree in Mental Health, Psychology, or Clinical Psychology. Master Degree is a plus
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in field of psychology & gender Completed his/her supervision and hold an “authorization of practice” from the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
- Experience in field of working in gender & working with men and masculinities programs
- knowledge and practice of cognitive and behavioural change theories and approaches in order to achieve the main goal of these workshops which is to prevent violent behavior
- Understanding relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to human rights, gender equality, non-discrimination and GBV principles
- Ability to work under pressure and in crisis situation, as individual and in a team
- Ability to work across socio-cultural and religious contexts
- Belief in ABAAD’s mission and vision & UNHCR Values
- Languages: Fluency in spoken and written Arabic, English and French are a plus
Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.