Agriculture Officer - Livelihoods (2 Vacancies)
This Position is Subject to Availability of Funding.
- Upon submission, please include "Agriculture Officer - Livilhoods" in the subject of the email.
- Applications without Cover letter will not be considered -Only short-listed candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
- Please include the details of three professional references in your CV ( Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Company's name).
- Concern is an Equal Opportunities Employer and any attempt to influence the selection process will lead to disqualify your application.
Concern Worldwide is seeking a candidate for the position of Livelihoods –Agriculture Officer to be based in Halba, Akkar, Lebanon with frequent movement in Akkar and T5. Concern Worldwide Lebanon Livelihoods program is designed around three themes: Skill building and income generation, Sustainable Agriculture and value chain development, and Micro & Small enterprise Development. Concern Lebanon aims to decrease household economic vulnerability and reliance on harmful coping strategies by increasing access to livelihoods and protection information and skills; home-based income-generating activities; and training and career guidance linked to savings and protection.
Under the management of the Livelihoods Project Manager, the Livelihoods – Agriculture Officer will support the implementation of BPRM-funded activities supporting the herbs and dairy value chains falling under Concern’s Agriculture Program. The Livelihoods–Agriculture Officer will provide technical expertise and recommendations on the design of the project and the implementation of its activities. S/he will support in all aspects of project management including coordination with other actors, financial and procurement processes in order to ensure agreed objectives are effectively met and in a timely manner. Concern is looking for an individual with demonstrable technical knowledge and professional experience in plant based (in particular herbs) and dairy value chains. This includes experience in the production and processing sectors of products related to those value chains. S/he will may have experience with working in non-profit or public institutes on livelihoods programmes.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and support to the implementation of activities on the on-going Agriculture program under the guidance of the Project Manager in Akkar and T5.
- Support the project team in planning and implementing project activities to meet project deliverables based on timeline and scope agreed with the donor.
- Participate in the the selection, assessment and training of beneficiaries for project activities including Farmer Field Schools (FFS) and training of agricultural laborers. S/he will be responsible for monitoring activities, capturing participants’ feedback and enabling the thorough filing and record keeping of activities.
- Provide day-to-day support to facilitators involved in the implementation of the FFS approach.
- Maintain, update and report livelihoods program beneficiary database for internal and external reporting while ensuring protection of personal data.
- Participate in data collection activities in collaboration with the MEAL department.
- Participate in identifying gender risks during project implementation.
- Support Livelihood Agriculture Specialist and other team members in implementing activities, organizing meetings and trainings and monitoring of project progress.
- Ensure best practices in terms of COVID-19 prevention are followed on the field and in the office, and adapting activities as per Concern’s internal SOPs and sector guidance.
- Build relationships with small producers, agribusinesses, cooperatives, trade unions and local municipalities to carry out the activities of the project and facilitate access to information related to project activities and scope.
- Support with day to day functions of the program, including coordination with the logistics, HR and finance departments.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports to be submitted to the Project Manager. Contribute to quarterly reports and other ad hoc reports to meet donor and internal requirements.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Concern Worldwide and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Participate in emergency assessment and response if requested including Rapid Needs Assessment and distribution of Shelter and NFIs
- Other assigned tasks, as necessary.
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Code of Conduct and its associated policies.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and its associated policies to their team, partner and stakeholders and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum Master’s degree or Engineering degree or equivalent in agriculture, horticulture, and or agricultural development.
- 2 years professional experience in the agriculture sector.
- Proven past technical knowledge and including hands on farming experience is a must. Individuals having strong contact with farming community will be given preference.
- Proficient user of Microsoft office package especially of Excel and Word.
- Experience in implementation of community based development projects with national or international NGOs.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in implementing agriculture training projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to adapt to change and work under pressure. Strong empathy skills and genuine care and respect for needs of others.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Non-judgmental attitude and respect for Concern’s beneficiaries, other staff and people that Concern deals with.