Applicants should send the documents below to [email protected] before the 15th of July 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Documents Required for Submission of Consultancy Proposal
- Full Resume;
- Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as well as an estimate of number of days required, noting that it can be expected that the consultancy will require regular presence at Mada’s office;
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment;
- Brief methodology of how the deliverable will be approached and completed.
Background and Job Purpose
Mada Association is looking for an experienced Communications Consultant to lead on the launching and delivery of specific communication channels and tools to raise the profile of the organization and ensure that its identity is adequately reflected to external audiences including donors, partners, beneficiaries, and the general public. The Consultant will lead on populating Mada’s website and on the completion of a Leaflet, as well as support the team to keep social media accounts active as required. Finally, the Consultant will lead on the development of a Communication Strategy for Mada.
The Consultant will be expected to take a proactive and advisory role in raising Mada’s profile from a communications perspective, but also be expected to closely coordinate with the team to ensure that organizational values and identity are maintained.
Key Consultancy Deliverables
- Populate the website’s various parts of the website, namely About, Resources, Projects, Photo Gallery, Donors/Partners through content provided by Mada’s team.
- With the support of Mada’s Executive Coordinator, act as focal point for communication with the company responsible for the website (webmaster) to agree on structure, categories, etc..
- Advise on design and aesthetics questions related to the website, and coordinate with Mada’s current Graphic Designer if needed.
- Finalize and launch the website and advise on any required future additions to the website (e.g. News) and advise on how to keep the website active and up to date.
Leaflet – this will include a factsheet of achievements of the previous year (a brief annual report) which can then be updated every year.
- Lead on the development of a Brochure/Leaflet to be used as the main hard-copy visibility tool for Mada’s dissemination to donors, partners, etc. and lead on the electronic dissemination of the leaflet.
- With the support of Mada’s Executive Coordinator, act as focal point for communication with Mada’s Graphic Designer as required to finalize the content and design of the Leaflet.
- Support the team in maintaining Mada’s social media accounts active and synchronized and develop a plan for their maintenance post-consultancy.
- Advise on potential new social media channels and support the team in activating them, if any.
- Lead on the development of a Communication Strategy for Mada in order to clarify Mada’s purpose and objectives to an external audience, ensure consistent messaging, maintain a connection between Mada and all relevant stakeholders, and support fundraising efforts.
- Include clear deadlines and expected outputs in the Strategy and support the team in its launching.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- At least 5 years of experience working and leading on communications activities, preferably in the NGO sector;
- Outstanding communication and written skills; design skills are a plus
- Excellent computer skills and experience in preparing and maintaining communication materials;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, be dynamic, proactive and creative;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external actors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Excellent Social Media skills;
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
For more information please refer to Mada's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MadaLebanon) and contact us for additional details on our work.