Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] with the keyword "Field Officer_North Lebanon" included in the subject. Attach a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages. Applications without cover letter and clear reference to this specific announcement will not be considered. Please note that shorlisting may happen before the deadline of the submission of applications.
Goal / Purpose:
Under the supervision of the direct line manager (Activity Manager “AM”, Program Manager Assistant “PMA”, Deputy Program Manager “DPM”), the Field officer is in charge of the needs assessment, the preparation, implementation and monitoring of distribution of Water Trucking, Dislodging, shelter kit and conducting Hygiene Promotion activities in Informal settlements of Syrian refugees and surrounding host communities.
List of main responsibilities:
Evaluation / diagnostic:
- Collect accurate data at community level and conduct different assessment and surveys based on the needs
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Identification of target group, plan adequate activities and update tools related to the needs
- Ensure regular technical follow up visit to assess, identify and monitor the activities of water trucking (FCL, Quality and Quantities delivered), Dislodging (volume dislodged, proper discharge at WWTP), ad-hoc material relevant to the needs and Shelter kit distribution (registration of targeted families and recording the situation of tent superstructure and tent insulation for ceiling and surrounding) for conformity with the criteria set.
- Under the responsibility of the line manager (AM, PMA, DPM), take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of distributions.
- Organize and plan the distribution of Non-Food items “NFI’s” and Core Relief items “CRI’s” in case of emergency situation valid by the rapid need assessment focal point.
- Provide the multi-purpose cash for beneficiaries to optimize the use of assistant valid by the rapid need assessment focal point.
- Launch the rapid need assessment after the alert of any emergency situation by the line manager
- Update tools and activities depending on the change of needs
- Engage in internal and external referral
- Mobilize the beneficiaries to take individual and/or collective responsibility for the hygiene promotion, water and sanitation activities
- Following up on committees and ensure training (internal or external), support and follow-up of the committees
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her line manager (AM, PMA, DPM)
- Report to his/her line manager (AM, PMA, DPM) regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Share with the line manager (AM, PMA, DPM) and the security focal point all relevant information about security, activities, logistics or administrative issues occurred at field level, using Solidarités International’s tools and procedures
- Maintain an accurate reporting, data management of the activities, incidents, achievements, referrals, information, etc. and report monitoring results.
Communication / representation / coordination
- Give information to the beneficiaries about SI mandate, activities, results and about external actors and represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL when necessary
- Facilitate, build up and maintain good relationships with the beneficiaries.
- Participate in the mitigation of problems between communities when they arise
- Communicate with other SI activities and departments for the daily activities
The field officer may be asked to drive SI cars and respecting the driving policies set by the logistic department.
The above list is a non-exhaustive one, nor limitative. You could be asked other responsibilities and tasks within the framework of your job on demand of the direct line manager.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Activity Manager, Program Manager assistant, Deputy Program Manager.
Line report(s) on base: -
Functional manager: WASH Program Manager
Functional report(s): -