Digital Archiving Solution Consultancy
About Legal Agenda
The Legal Agenda is a Beirut-based non-governmental non-profit organization, with a branch in Tunisia. The organization addresses issues of legal activism, reform, and transformation in the context of social and political change in the Arab world. Legal Agenda’s team composed of jurists, researchers, and journalists aim to lift the barriers between the law and society in the Arab region so that those in power no longer monopolize lawmaking, and instead ordinary citizens can understand the process, criticize it, and participate in it.
LA’s specialized and alternative media platforms publish the organization’s socio-legal analysis and comparative research, policy monitoring articles, and journalistic investigations on a daily basis. The organization also engages in strategic litigation and advocacy campaigning to advance socio-economic rights and liberties, particularly on issues that affect the environment, the rights and freedoms of women, refugees, workers, detainees, disabled people, and other vulnerable groups.
Given the specialized but wide scope of the organization, LA’s target audience includes Legal professionals, social actors, community of issue, political actors, media outlets, and the general audience.
In close a collaboration with the Legal Agenda team, the consultant will be responsible of:
- Assessing the archiving specifications for Legal Agenda’s needs which include the secure preservation, fast retrieval and easy searching of different types of media in Arabic and English.
- Recommend and install the needed (and customized) software and potentially equipment.
- Provide the necessary training for the staff to start using the system and implement a sustainable workflow which ensure quality control.
- Demonstrated working experience in digitalized filing/archiving
- Skills in the area of e-documentation
- Comfortable with presenting and explaining technology to people with less technical knowledge
- Strong written and spoken Arabic and English, French is a plus
How to apply
Please submit the following to [email protected] mentioning as subject of your email “Digital Archiving Consultant Application.”
- A curriculum vitae,
- A cover letter demonstrating the relevance and strength of your experience for this position,
- A table including
- the expert day rate,
- A general breaking down of number expert days per task,
- Contact for two references
Deadline to apply
The deadline to apply is June 10