Admin & Finance Supervisor
- The application should be in English including: CV and motivation letter.
- Please submit your application to [email protected] write as Subject of the Email the Reference number and Job Position as follows; GVC Ref 202005_02 Admin & Finance Supervisor (National Contract).
- Applications in Arabic will not be considered.
- Deadline for submitting the application: 07th of June 2020 (Applications received after this deadline will not be considered).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GVC encourage people with special needs to apply.
GVC is an Italian NGO founded in 1971. Actually is working in 22 countries worldwide. GVC presence in Lebanon dates back to the begin of Syrian Crisis and since then GVC has been implementing emergency and development projects in Bekaa and Akkar financed by International Donors mainly in WASH sector.
GVC is actually recruiting personnel to cover the position of 1 Admin & Finance Supervisor to support activities in Beirut, Lebanon.
Job Title: Admin & Finance Supervisor
Duty Station: Beirut with visit to the field offices in Akkar and Bekaa
Line Manager: Finance Coordinator/Finance Manager
The Admin & Finance Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of administrative and finance activities within the finance department.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- General administration
- Monitor funds management in order to ensure coherence with the approved financial plan through reports and expenditure verification;
- Monitor and manage project deliverables and deadlines related to the fund, contracts, suppliers and partners;
- Supervise the administrative documentation in compliance with the legislation in force and with donor’s requirements, ensuring its completion;
- Ensure the proper transmission of administrative financial-related information among bases and coordination
- Budget and planning
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly Financial Follow Up (FFU) such as (extracting reports, verifying expenses) in coordination with Finance Coordinator and Finance Manager
- Internal Audit
- Conduct on a monthly basis an internal audit visit to the bases
- Ensure that all supporting documents (PR, PO, authorization of payment, etc.) are attached to the receipt and invoices
- Be in charge of auditing and revising the mission monthly closure (checking registrations of expenses, correct descriptions, and its correct allocations)
- Send an audit report to the finance team (officer, coordinator and manager) each auditing visit concerning the findings, if present, and suggest potential recommendations and appropriate measures to be implemented
- External Audit
- Support the finance officers in preparing the requirements for any external auditing visit
- Ensure on a monthly basis, that donor’s accounting files are complete, well archived, maintained, and scanned in accordance with GVC’s and donors’ requirement
- Financial reports & Accountability
- Contribute to drafting financial reports, in coordination with the Finance Coordinator & Finance Manager;
- Assist the bases in preparation for VAT reports submission
Expected skills and qualifications
- Bachelor in Business Administration or relevant field;
- At least 3 years of experience in financial project management;
- At least 1 year of working experience in highly complex social contexts;
- Knowledge of PCM and humanitarian principles;
- Fluent in English and in Arabic (spoken and written);
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel and Word) and accounting systems;
- Previous experience in working with national/international NGOs is an advantage.