Policy/Legal Research Internship
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
To research the human rights situation in Lebanon in 2020, to help to draft and edit ALEF’s reports on human rights, to discuss findings and recommendations arising from research outputs with ALEF's Monitoring and Advocacy staff, and to assist in finalizing the Report for publication.
The internship is open to graduates or students in law, social studies, international relations, political science, Middle East studies, or related subjects with strong writing and research skills.
- Knowledge about Human rights and the current Lebanese contexts.
- Conduct qualitative research on emerging human rights issues in Lebanon.
- Assist in providing key talking points for advocacy meetings.
- Taking notes and keeping up to date on important meetings/outcomes from meetings.
- Ability to work as a team and keep in regular contact with the Research & Advocacy Associate.
- Monitor the human rights situation in Lebanon and methodically update the monitoring database.
- Experience of research and assisting in drafting publications.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Experience of taking notes and presenting to small groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.