MHPSS Officer (Syria)
The applicant should clearly specify in the subject of the email the position to which he/she is applying or else the CV cannot be shortlisted
A motivation letter is a must. Experience in working with NGOs is a MUST.
The project aims to meet the humanitarian needs of conflict-affected populations and rapidly respond to acute crisis in South Syria. The project focuses on strengthening the ability of MoH to provide health service through the rehabilitation of four PHCs, training of MoH staffs and community health workers as well as of the provision and operationalization of a mobile maternal & child health unit through our local partner the Monastery of Saint James the Mutilated (MSJM).
S/He reports to the MHPSS Technical Coordinator whose based in Lebanon. The nature of the position requires extensive presence in the field and occasional availability outside normal office hours.
Result Area 1: Technical and Capacity building
- Contribute to the strategy of intervention, in direct collaboration with the technical team and project partner;
- Oversee the capacity building, monitoring, quality-assuring and evidence-building in the health project with regards to MHPSS.
- Technical follow-up of the project and teams to ensure compliance of the activities to technical guidelines provided by MHPSS TC and international standards in MHPSS
- Direct management and monitoring of project activities and implementation, in close collaboration with logistics, administrative departments
Result Area 3: Internal and external coordination
- When possible, participation in relevant local sectors, coordination, or working group meetings
- Provide internal reporting to the project manager and MHPSS TC according to Dorcas internal tools
- Shows professional ethics
- Respects children’s privacy and confidentiality
- Respect Dorcas code of conduct
- Respect Dorcas Child Protection policy
Knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Psychology/Master is preferable
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in humanitarian aid and MHPSS preferably in an international or large local non-governmental organization (INGO);
- Very good command of English in both speech and writing;
- Knowledge of cultural differences in working and negotiating;
- Fluent in Arabic
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Knowledge of the UN cluster coordination system;
- Good Communication skills both verbally and in writing;
- Flexibility, ability to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural people
- Able to cope and work in considerably stressful environment
- Good time management and task management skills
- Able to work independently and with autonomy, while following objectives and instructions
- High level of diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and security awareness
- Desire to develop his/her expertise and knowledge.
- Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives
- Adherence to the mission and vision of Dorcas;