Advisor for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Lebanon Programme in Beirut, Lebanon
Please fill in this form by 31.05.2020. You will be also asked to upload a CV and a Letter of Motivation. Only applicants who filled in the application form AND sent CV and Letter of Motivation will be taken into consideration. You will be asked to sign in with your google account in order to proceed with the application. Those applicants who do not have a google account can contact Martina Belotti and ask for further information regarding the application process.
After the closing date, we will review all applications and short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview at our office in Badaro, Taleb Hobeiche street. Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. Our work in Lebanon is documented at http://lebanon.forumzfd.org/. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
In Lebanon, forumZFD has been working since 2009. The 15 local and international staff members are working in three different thematic areas: Capacity Development, Community Mobilising and Dealing with the Past. Together with its partners, forumZFD jointly develops local capacities within civil society and supports their projects for non-violent conflict transformation.
We offer an attractive position (1700-1900$ per month for a full time position, depending on the level of experience) with responsibilities for a minimum of two (with options of renewal) years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills, in friendly working atmosphere where team spirit is held in high regard.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Advisor for PM&E in the Lebanon programme you will support the Country Director of the forumZFD Lebanon team and the four project managers (with 11 project staff members) to apply and further develop the local forumZFD PM&E system. This includes working with the PM&E Manager in the Head Office in Cologne as the interlink between the local PM&E framework and the PM&E structure of forumZFD in general. These mechanisms are intended to support the work of the overall programme with its thematic areas and projects and its partners through data collection and knowledge management.
The main tasks include:
- Support the development and implementation of forumZFD PM&E standards in close cooperation with the PM&E manager in HO and the Lebanon Country Director;
- Support the three programme area teams and the partners in the implementation of PM&E activities, e.g. facilitating and documenting annual planning workshops, further developing the monitoring system on programme- and project level, developing indicators, supporting project managers in strategic and planning processes, etc.;
- Develop, implement and coordinate monitoring processes at programme- and project level; ensure regular data collection, analysis and reflection on it; design tailored M&E tools and organize regular PM&E programme-related meetings;
- Support Country Director and Project Managers in writing reports (content, wording and formulation), and file the respective documentation;
- Supporting the introduction of forumZFD PM&E standards to programme staff and selected partners;
- Capacitate, train and support partners of forumZFD, as well as forumZFD programme staff in Lebanon in PM&E.
- Regular participation in calls, meetings and methodologic exchange of forumZFD’s international PM&E team;
- Contribute with best practices, challenges and lessons learnt to the review of forumZFD PM&E standards
- Support the development of a knowledge management system for the programme;
And other tasks as agreed with the Country Director.
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in the field of planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Profound knowledge in working with systemic approaches to PM&E in the area of peacebuilding and conflict transformation preferably with systemic conflict analysis, Reflecting on Peace Practice (RPP) and Outcome Mapping; experience with results-based M&E is also appreciated;
- Profound knowledge in collecting, analysing and documenting monitoring data;
- Experience in supporting planning, monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops; training and capacity building related to PM&E.
- Demonstrated experiences of carrying out quantitative surveys and qualitative data collection (experience with behavioural and attitude change data is a strong asset)
- Strong inter-cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a team and under time pressure;
- Work experience in and with INGOs;
- Distinct ability to think strategically and conceptually, and to support the development of projects and adaptation of the programme;
- Very good written/ spoken command of English, and fluent in written and spoken Arabic;
- Competent in the use of IT applications,
- Driving licence and experience;
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working from 1st of July 2020.