BDS Project Manager
Please mention in the subject of your email the title of the position you are applying for .
Your resume and Cover letter will be forwarded to the HR department for review against the requirements for the role in which you have expressed interest. A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any Kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding Policies.
Manager – National
National – Based in Tripoli
CARE is a leading relief and development non-governmental organization fighting global poverty. Established in 1946, it is now a confederation composed of 14 members. In 2016, CARE worked in 84 countries around the world, supporting development and humanitarian aid projects to reach more than 83 million people. While CARE is a large international organization with more than 11,000 employees worldwide, we have a strong local presence: 95% of our staff are nationals of the countries where our programs are run.
CARE International in Lebanon (CiL) is implementing a regional response to the Syrian Crisis to meet the immediate and most urgent needs of the women, men, boys and girls who have fled Syria. CIL is supporting local communities with their longer-term needs and basic rights through WASH, Shelter, basic assistance, protection, and longer-term economic development solutions and activities in collaboration with local partner organizations in the North, South, Beirut, and Mount Lebanon Governorates.
The BDS Project Manager will be based in CARE’s Tripoli office and will lead the implementation of a BMZ project based in Tripoli Lebanon in line with CARE’s contractual agreements, best practice and as per the Government of Lebanon standard operation procedures. The main job focus of the PM is to supervise the overall implementation of all project’s components and activities within planned budget and workplan, ensuring impact framework achievements. The PM will ensure the coordination between consortium’ partners, preserve good connection with community, private sector, donors and other stakeholders.
SME and employment specialist, Entrepreneurship project officer
Duration of Contract:
Other contract elements:
The direct supervisor reserves the right to adapt this job description at any time during employment according to needs.
Any extension of this contract is dependent on performance review and funding availability.
Education & Certification:
Bachelor or Master degree in business administration, socio-economics, agriculture, Political Science or equivalent. Alternatively, bachelor or Master degree in agriculture, or urban planning.
Minimum Education Level:
Bachelor degree with five years of experience, or MS degree with three years of experience
• At least 5 years of experience as a project manager in an international NGO, preferably in Livelihoods, in management of Employability and/or Entrepreneurship projects.
• Experience in management of multi-component programs implemented in consortium; experience in consortium coordination is a strong requirement
• Excellent skills and experience working in a range of economic empowerment and/or local economic development programs including public-private partnerships; women’s economic empowerment opportunities; micro and small business start-ups; microfinance; agriculture projects,
IT / Software / Technical Skills:
Familiarity with MS Office software.
Language Speaking Reading Writing
Arabic Fluent/Mother tongue Professional Professional
English Fluent/Mother tongue Professional Professional
French Optional Optional Optional
- Strong capacities in project cycle management and budget follow-up.
- Strong capacity to coordinate with a team, coalition and consortium.
- Outstanding skills in establishing partnerships and strengthening capacity of local partners with private sector actors and players, as well as with Local Communities and Local & National CSO.
- Excellent capacity to supervise, staff local partner organizations in a sub-grantee relationship and provide information in a timely manner to CARE’s international partners and senior management.
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges of the Agricultural SME Sector
- Familiarity with the Lebanese economy, market, Labor Market and Social Entrepreneurship.
- Very good communication, coordination and diplomacy.
- Integrity, fairness and impartiality.
- Ability to manage sensitive cases and confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of the main Lebanese economic sector, Business environment and common practices in Lebanon, and of international guidelines.
- Demonstrable experience in engaging with private sector and micro enterprises (Knowledge and Technology Transfer as well as access to finance)
- Experience in managing large grants (preferably EU)
- Knowledge of the socio-economic circumstances in Lebanon
Detailed Responsibilities & Tasks
Responsibility #1: Project Implementation
Ensure project cycle management as detailed below:
- Ensure the overall project elaboration phase as per donor agreement, CARE guidelines, and agreed implementation strategy.
- Develop, update and follow up a detailed work plan, in line with donor agreement and DCD-P guidance
- Develop steps and procedures in the planning and implementation of the project
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in programme and materials based on observations and discussions with stakeholders
- Elaborate budget spending and forecast including tracking and managing partners’ spending.
- Ensure procurement plan are timely placed and communicated to the procurement department, according to CARE procedures.
- Ensure proper documentation, tracking and filing of all project’s activities in line with project objectives, donor requirements, CARE compliance rules and implementation strategy.
- Develop a strong approach for a better community mobilization and participation (Through local stakeholders as well as with Right Holders/or local population) in order to improve the access to livelihoods.
Responsibility #2: Project Team & partnership Management
- Line Manage the project team members and ensure performance is in line with project, CARE’s, and donor’s expectations and requirements
- Monitor and Coordinate implementing partners performance
- Participate in grant review meetings ensuring partner INGOs are compliant with donor regulations and are on track with spending.
- Make sure all project team members have clear job descriptions and their job performances are evaluated accordingly.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for CARE project team.
Responsibility #3 : Representation and Coordination
- In close collaboration with sector Coordinator, ensure CARE representation in the relevant technical coordination meetings at the Technical committee’s level.
- Support in the organization of field visits by donors, peer agencies, CARE Members, Media, etc.
- Coordinate closely with other sector coordinators to ensure synergies
- Work closely with admin, logistics, procurement, and HR units to ensure the success of the project by initiating relevant planning tools (such as procurement plans) and regular coordination meetings.
- Consolidate CARE’s relation with the main economic and social stakeholders (Chamber of Commerce, Municipalities, Unions of Agriculture, Union of Traders, Union of workers, Grass roots NGOs, Youth and Women Organizations).
Responsibility #4: Reporting & Information sharing
- Ensure partner NGOs regularly report to CARE according to established procedures.
- Draft narrative and quantitative reports as per CARE internal requirements and donor requirements.
- Ensure internal communication and data sharing on project with relevant departments specifically MEAL, grants, communications, and advocacy
Responsibility #5: Program Quality and Learning
- Support development of MEAL plan and program quality activities e.g. project quality meetings, and learning events;
- Ensure project data and achievements are up dated and reported monthly
- Support and feed into monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ensure partner NGOs regularly report to CARE according to established procedures.
Draft narrative and quantitative reports as per CARE internal requirements and donor requirements.
The Project Manager will also have to fulfill any other task as requested by her/his supervisor depending on the programmatic priorities in the Field Office.