Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, candidates who meet the position's requirements will be contacted accordingly.
To apply, please click on the below link and fill an online application
CVs or applications received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for internal and external financial reporting and for assisting in budget preparation related to grants, funds, and budgets for all related programmes, donors, and departments by ensuring adherence to NRC’s policies and donor requirements.
- Implement NRC’s financial systems and procedures at national level
- Ensure adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis as required
- Prepare budget forecasts and assist in Master budgets preparation
- Ensure proper filing of all financial documents
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Assist in the production of donor financial reports and any other financial management reports.
- Participate in budget preparation for new proposals and grant applications to ensure compliance with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Ensure that all project’s budgets are uploaded into Agresso system and update the data accordingly.
- Prepare the provision of Payroll, NSSF and income tax in accordance to NRC’s financial procedures.
- Prepare transactions to be posted in Head Office accounts
- Coordinate with independent auditors for reports and tax declarations.
- Communicate financial related matters to all concerned parties and act as the focal person to report projects’ results.
- Coordinate and hold monthly meetings to review financial reports, and budget preparations with field Finance Officers, Project Managers, Area Manager, Head of Programme, Head of Support and Country Director and follow up accordingly.
- Coordinate and be focal point with partners and implementing partners in consortiums
- Ensure optimal allocation of expenses in line with approved budgets and projected expenditures (master budget, consolidated allocation tables, BPO, etc.).
- Assist the Finance Reporting Manager with preparing monthly reports and performing financial analysis.
- Maintain financial archives in accordance with donor requirements.
- Monitor and control funds and expenditures related to local donors.
- Project Managers, Area Managers, Project Coordinators, and Field Officers: Coordination during budget preparations
- Field Finance teams
- Support departments
- Auditors (Internal and External)
1. Professional competencies
- Bachelor degree in Finance or a related major
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
- Familiar with grants proposal writing and reporting
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Consortium or direct coordination with partners, donors is a plus
2. Behavioral competencies
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results