Kindly submit your application to [email protected] by March 22. Please include a CV and a cover letter stating your key interest and qualifications regarding this position and please write 'Project Officer Application' on the subject line.
SHiFT is a social innovation hub leading the transformation of post-conflict and/or marginalised zones towards peaceful and prosperous communities. It brings people together and bridges differences through building capacities, raising awareness, creating opportunities, promoting success models and mentoring.
SHiFT is currently looking for a Project Officer to join our team in our community center in Qobbeh, Tripoli. The Officer will be working in SHiFT's Tamteen program. This program seeks to support the self-development of individuals, to increase their chances to find employment and support their integration into the workplace through soft skills training, vocational training, apprenticeships and job placement. The officer will focus on outreach, referal, liaison with trainers and coaches, follow up with participants and communication with employers on apprenticeship and job placement opportunities.
Executive Director, Program Manager of Tamteen program, Finance coordinator, Partnerships officer,
Lead on the day-to-day field activity implementation through the development of work plans, and daily communication with project team and relevant field-based
Project Cycle Management & Program Quality
- Lead on the day-to-day field activity implementation through the development of work plans, and daily communication with project team and relevant field-based stakeholders.
- Lead on the community outreach activities to ensure that the community is well-informed about project objectives and activities.
- Conduct meetings between the relevant field-level stakeholders in the north.
- Organize and follow-up on the program capacity building training.
- Continuously liaise with the coaches / mentors/ trainers and the participants to ensure quality implementation.
- Support the PM in the execution of all the activities related to the Tamteen program.
- Support the PM to ensure that project requirements are fulfilled with reference to the General and Technical conditions of the project Agreement and internal regulations, throughout the entire project period.
- Support the PM in preparing progress reports for the donor in collaboration with partners and support teams, while ensuring that narrative reporting meets SHiFT and the donor’s requirements.
- Report verbally and in writing to the PM on a regular basis on program progress.
- Support the PM to ensure that risk management and contingency planning are included at all stages of the programs.
People Management and Collaboration
- Report regularly and in writing to the PM, and work closely with other team members.
- Work with consultants (e.g. mentors, trainers, coaches), and other partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in the monthly Project Quality meetings to promote best practices and their application to the project.
- Work closely with the finance and logistics teams.
- Ensure the physical welfare and well-being of team members directly assigned to the project.
Partner Relations Management
- Lead on the day-to-day communication with mentors, and participants.
- Support the PM in planning, implementing, and monitoring project activities.
- Attend Livelihoods/Social Stability/Basic Assistance external working groups and meetings on a regular basis and share any information relevant to the context/sector.
- Attend internal meetings related to the projects and provide update when necessary.
- Attend trainings, workshops, roundtables…
Key Organisational Attributes
Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
Essential - Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as economics.
- 3 years of experience in humanitarian/development work, specifically in programs in the livelihood sector and decent work.
- Strong capacity to coordinate with a team, coalition and consortium.
- Familiarity with the Lebanese economy, market, Labor Market and Social Entrepreneurship.
- Very good communication, coordination and diplomacy.
- Integrity, fairness and impartiality.
- Ability to manage sensitive cases and confidential information.
- Knowledge of the main Lebanese economic sector, Business environment and common practices in Lebanon, and of international guidelines.
- Knowledge of the socio-economic circumstances in urban Tripoli.
- Extensive knowledge of the business environment in Tripoli and T5 area and demonstrated experience in field work.
- Project cycle management experience, including work planning, reporting, and monitoring & evaluation
- Ability to work closely with different stakeholders, including business, business development organizations, and financial institutions in Lebanon.
- Demonstrable understanding of the gendered dynamics of labor relations, and linkages to decent work
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Proven team spirit and leadership with the ability to work independently as required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent English and Arabic language verbal and writing skills are essential.