Translator (Arabic to English Language)
Interested candidates should send their resume and quotation to [email protected] with “Arabic - English translator” in the email subject.
In the email body write a quotation for an 85-page translation with a timeline of maximum one week.
- Convert content in the source language (Arabic) to equivalent concepts in the target language (English)
- Compile technical terms and information terms into glossaries and terminology
- Write fluently, read and speak the two languages
- Leave the tone and style of the original language unchanged
- Speak relay messages clearly, accurately, and quickly
- Apply cultural knowledge to produce a meaningful translation of the original message
- Convert ideas in the source language (Arabic) to equivalent ideas in the target language (English)
- Compile information and terminology to be used in translations
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
Liaising with staff editors to discuss any unclear points and fact-checking when necessary
Experience and technical competencies:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Translation
- Experience providing professional translation services (3 to 5 years)
- Have the ability to listen to and understand the information presented through spoken words and sentences
- Have the ability to read, process, and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and information in writing so others will understand
- Must have an eye for details at close range
- The translator needs to be completely fluent in Arabic and English.
- IT literacy and experience of using IT to edit content and research information;
- Ability to prioritize own workload
Ability to deliver targets to set deadlines