Short Videos Production
Proposal Submissions and Timeline
Submit your portfolio along with the financial offer to [email protected] by Sunday, March 1st. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Kindly use the title "Short Videos Production" in the subject line header. Only successful applicants will be contacted. The assignment is expected to be finalized during June 2020.
The Lebanese Association for Democratic Elections (LADE) wants to produce 2 short videos to document the process and implementation of one of its projects. The project will be implemented in 9 high schools in Lebanon over the period between March and May.
This project aims to positively change the perceptions of youth and especially women and girls’ roles in public life and ability to lead and contribute to developmental efforts and societal change. Working with high school boys and girls in private and public schools in rural areas, their teachers, local municipal leaders, and their communities, LADE seeks to affect local perceptions of and attitudes towards female leadership and participation in local, public life. This project is part of LADE’s broader gender strategy, which works towards greater participation of women and girls in decision-making and political life, thus improving the rights and status of women and girls in Lebanon. The project also focuses on the importance of elections and its role in building a democratic system in which the youth are a major actor.
To produce 2 short videos documenting the process of the trainings at schools through highlighting success stories and achievements done throughout the project, and interviewing (vox pops style) participants to get their feedback mainly on the importance of political and public participation starting from within their schools towards active political participation on the national level.
The timing of the first video should not exceed 2 min. The second video timing will depend on the content available.
- Develop the videos’ storyboard and mood
- Provide/prepare the VO if needed in addition to the required questions or scripts
- Undertake at least 7 shooting days (the trainings will be all over Lebanon, exact dates and locations TBD). Filming could be arranged in half-days, if needed, according to prior agreements with the Project’s focal point.
- Take pictures in the same areas/locations as mentioned above
- Coordinate/conduct interviews with the youth/beneficiaries when needed
- Make arrangements for logistics including local transport, equipment, communication services and any other needed details for their team
- Provide a timeline of the production process including first draft delivery, edits corrections, etc.
- Incorporate all comments and remarks
- Produce a high-quality version of the video with adequate background music in finest and high-quality video formats
- Provide relevant required formats and edits for social media use
- Provide another version with English subtitles.
The contractor will be required to meet the following requirements:
- More than 5 years of working experience in the development of documentary/film production;
- Additional experience in development communication and mass communication will be an added advantage;
- Experience in working with local NGOs or other international organizations on such topics;
- Knowledge and background on the political, gender and electoral context;
- Familiarity with the LADE’s objectives and scope of work;
- Excellent technical capacities to ensure high-quality production;
- Clear articulation of capacity and skill, and innovative approaches to carry out the assignment;
- Clear work plan and articulation of expected methodologies and outputs;
- Ability to start immediately.