Short-Term Consultancy - Lesson Observation Data Analyst (40 Days)
AMIDEAST/Lebanon is looking for a Lesson Observation Data Analyst work on a 40-day education-related project.
The main tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
- Review the current lesson observation tools used by counsellors
- Assess the functions of each lesson observation tool and whether they are fit-for-purpose individually or as a combination
- Design package of observation tools (creating links between existing tools or devising new one) depending on the objective of that individual observation
- Conduct all necessary familiarisation/training on the new package of tools with counselors, this should include the underlying theory, specific content and entry protocols
- Prioritize the highest quality datapoints within these observation tools
- Specify details of an online interface to enter this data into the VIMS database, striking a balance between making it ease-of-use with collection of high quality data
- Work with VIMS software developer to ensure that standard reports can be straightforwardly run and that new reports can easily be designed
- Work with VIMS software developer to design data access protocols for entry, users, super-users, administrators etc
- Provide a one-off detailed statistical analysis of lesson observations, including trends by location, socio-economic status of school or teacher profile
- Set out the most relevant reports to flow down from the lesson observation data
- Display lesson observation data in a manner that tracks trends and is easy to assess trends over time and other prominent features, working closely with the VIMS software developer
- Design of appropriate feedback loops to improve teachers’ classroom practice as a result of individual or group analysis of lesson observation data
- Advanced university degree (minimum Masters, preferably a PhD) in education, evaluation, statistics, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in quantitative/qualitative classroom evaluation methodologies and their analysis.
- Specific experience with extracting value from lesson observation tools.
- Demonstrates experience in supporting teachers to improve their practice based on collection of evidence and feedback models.
- Expertise in the design of suitable data collection methods, including use of technology to streamline the burden of doing so
- Experience working with technology to collect large datasets, visualize them and run appropriate reports
- Understanding of data storage principles to allows for evaluation of aggregated data from a wide variety of viewpoints
- Fluency in Arabic and English. French is advantageous.
- Organizations and individuals are invited to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume to [email protected] with the following in the subject line: “Lesson Observation Data Analyst”. The deadline to apply is Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Additional details about this vacancy will be provided at a later stage.