Operations Support - Driver
Interrested candidate should send a CV and public driving license to [email protected] with the subject of Operations Support - Driver.
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
Mission: The Operations support - driver has to drive HI staff (operations and support) in addition to visitors in a safe and courteous manner in respect to HI policies and procedures. S/He has to provide comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the logistics department with all request related to operations.
Reporting to: Logistics Officer
Responsibility 1: Drive HI staff and visitors
Aim: Transport staff and material as per the plan of the logistics officer
Benchmarks: Compliance with Local laws and HI internal regulations.
- Transport HI staff and material as per given schedules;
- Respect road regulations as well as HI procedures with regards to speed limit and behavior at check points;
- Ensure all passengers respect security rules in the vehicles (seat belts fastened, no smoking, …);
- Fill in properly the logbook (movement, fuel refill, maintenance);
- Ensure all materials transported in the vehicle are properly loaded and secured;
- During duty, remain on active standby within close distance of the vehicle
- Immediately report any traffic accident involving the vehicle, issue with authorities, or general information about the road condition to supervisor;
- Know the city plan, especially HI Staff houses, INGOs offices, UN offices … and relevant partners offices;
- Ensure the maintenance of the car under his responsibility and as per the logistics officer request.
Responsibility 2: Provide general administrative support to the logistics department
Aim: Assist the Logistics Officer in the main Logistics functions
Benchmarks: Quality of support provided, reactivity and conformity with deadlines
- Supervise the renovation and maintenance of structures (office, guesthouse, warehouse);
- Provide related information to his line manager;
- Assist the Logistics Officer in ensuring that all records are tracked in the EMC.
- Assist in the procurement cycle in terms of soliciting quotations, prepare purchase orders, payments and all related functions;
- Ensure the collected documents are compliant with HI procedures: supplier stamp, signature...
- Ensure archiving of purchase files in respect with HI rules.
- Oversee the reception, storage and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective project sites;
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists, stock cards & bin cards of HI items are updated and easily available to authorized users;
- Check that proper documentation (Export docs, waybills, packing lists, etc.) are completed and accompanying all consignment dispatched to the field
- Maintain accurate stock control and records at all times, conduct monthly physical inventory;
- Make sure all facilities used of warehousing are secure, properly organized;
- Ensure that at all times the warehouse is tidy and clean;
Assist the Operations and support team in any other tasks that may not be described in the job description and may lead to the achievement of objectives mentioned in the individual action plan.
Professional Skills and Education:
- High school or university diploma
- Minimum one year of experience in administration
- Experience in logistics and stock management is a plus
- Possesses a current public driving license
- Previous experience in NGO is a plus.
- Fluent in Arabic and English, French is a plus
- Understanding of road traffic rules and regulations
- Good oral and written communication in both Arabic and English
- Autonomous in using the basic functionalities of Microsoft office, Excel, word and outlook
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary range for the position : The Operations Support Driver is going to be paid according to HI salary Grid.
Closing date: 29/02/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application should include CV and public driving license. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Interested candidates send their CV to [email protected] with the subject Operations Support - Driver