Submit your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected] by Friday, February 28.
Kindly use the title "Project Manager- Political Participation" in the subject line header. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Lebanese Association for Democratic Elections (LADE) is hiring a Project Manager for a period of no less than 30 months. The selected person should be able to manage and handle the work of a project related to public accountability and political participation.
This project will focus on implementing a programme of education, awareness, and engagement around political participation targeted at both the electorate and political parties thereby further increasing both the Lebanese public’s awareness about the roles and responsibilities of elected officials and senior government employees and the public’s role as responsible citizens in holding elected officials accountable. This project will also motivate political parties to monitor their own work in order to promote political participation and improve good governance practices.
This project will be accountable for achieving the project objectives listed below.
- Objective 1: Establish engagement and partnerships with CSOs that empower the public to hold elected officials accountable to their promises. Political parties adopt internal mechanisms to hold elected officials accountable to their fulfilment of identified party governance action plans
- Objective 2: Work with political parties to develop issues-based platforms, and work with political parties to create mechanisms that hold elected officials accountable to those platforms.
- Objective 3: Increase mutual trust between and among parties, and with civil society, including media, and the public.
Under the direct supervision of LADE’s ED, the project manager will be required to:
- Follow-up closely to meet the project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Implement and manage the project activities and be physically present at all times
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Produce regular progress reports and other reports when required
- Coordinate with other departments at LADE for project-related matters
- Incorporate LADE’s comments remarks
- Attend out of office meetings
- Fulfil any other required task
- Report directly to the Executive Director
The project manager will be required to meet the following requirements:
- More than 5 years of working experience in a managerial position
- Additional experience in development communication and mass communication will be an added advantage;
- Experience in working with local NGOs, CSOs or other international organizations
- Knowledge and background on the political context;
- Familiarity with the LADE’s objectives and scope of work;
- Ability to start immediately.