Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter that addresses the applicant's motivation for applying. Please forward the application marked "Community Mobilizer" to the following e-mail address: [email protected] no later than Friday, January 31, 2020. This position will be filled as soon as possible. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Community Mobilizer’s responsibility is to conduct Psycho-Social Support (PSS) sessions with groups of children aged between 6 and 17 years old in Beirut and Mount Lebanon. The community mobilizer will be working closely with the Field Coordinator as well as with the Program Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in training on the Psycho-Social Support Curriculums;
- Stick with the annual plan set with the field coordinator;
- Provide PSS activities to children, adolescents, and caregivers based on specialized developed tools including the Citadel of Protection toolkit, SRHR toolkit, life skills, FPSS Curriculum, etc.;
- Provide schedule of activities on weekly/ monthly basis;
- Stick with the annual plan set with outreach focal point
- Provide a schedule of activities on a weekly/ monthly basis
- Raise logistics and technical challenges;
- Fill weekly reports;
- Identify risks through community members and set action plans with them;
- Identify gaps regarding performance knowledge, attitude off community members and provide the necessary support;
- Fill all forms requested by the field coordinator and M&E officer;
- Maintain and update the database on activities;
- Receive cases from community members and refer them to specialized services;
- Maintain good relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders;
- Raise training needed;
- Attend internal and external coordination meetings when required.
- Proven experience in providing sessions on GBV and Child Protection risks;
- Ability to work in Informal Settlements in Beirut and Mount Lebanon;
- Knowledge of GBV and Child Protection concepts;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Teamwork skills.
While working on a KAFA project, it is required to sign KAFA’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
- جبل لبنان