Short-Term Inclusion and Special Education Needs Consultants (20 days for international consultants and 40 days for local consultants)
The main tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
- Consult with relevant stakeholders across the education sector
- Define and catalogue a register of complex special needs in the Lebanon context starting from the reports and analyses that have already been done.
- Assess how each of these complex special needs are currently addressed: areas of good practice, underlying flaws in the legislative/policy landscape, existing partnerships in place etc.
- Build capacity to develop, monitor and oversee the complex SEN environment in Lebanon
- Develop a comprehensive framework and guideline for mainstream schools to initiate, maintain and improve inclusive education program for children with complex needs.
- Ensure that future policy and planning is based upon practical examples, such as the existing Inclusion Project and other relevant interventions.
- Ensure policy is deeply rooted in a Lebanon-specific and realistic multi-sector approach.
- Develop a framework/guidelines to dealing with severe cases and suggest the appropriate solutions for the inclusive schools for each type of case.
- Develop a plan on how inclusive schools can enroll and deal with cases of gifted students by specifying techniques to deal with each type of case.
- Develop a draft policy document for addressing complex SEN.
- Advanced university degree (minimum Masters, preferably a PhD) in education, special education, teaching, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in inclusive education or special education needs.
- Specific experience with one or more of the specific cases of complex specials educational needs described above.
- Demonstrates experience in supporting schools and local programs on inclusive education.
- Fluency in Arabic and English. French is an advantage.
- Organizations and individuals are invited to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume to [email protected] with the following in the subject line: “Inclusion and Special Education Needs Consultants”. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Additional details about this vacancy will be provided at a later stage.