Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: To ensure an appropriate cash management of the base
- Manage the Base Cash Books and Bank Books for each currency used. To supervise the Base Accountant in their daily management of the cash boxes and carry out the cash counts and verify the bank reconciliations each month.
- To monitor prompt and appropriate liquidation of Cash Advances using the Treasury Advance Books from the Base personnel, counterparts, partners and other related parties who received an advance for the purchase of goods or services, only appropriate invoices and receipts.
- Ensure that information on the invoices meets AAHand legal standards, check the adherence with donor’s guidelines and ensure the purchase has been validated.
- Monitor bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on program needs – ensuring timely treasury requests to capital
Objective 2: To ensure that all transactions are completely and accurately recorded in the accounting system and respects AAH and country procedures
- Consolidate the monthly accountancy books and import them into SAGA/AGRESSO system software, validating the entries, closing the accountancy by the 5th of the following month
- Verify all Class 4 accounts ensuring the follow-up of all pending transactions (advances to be returned, deposits, pre-paid charges, VAT/NRT payments, etc.)
- Send the reconciliations, bank statements and cash counts signed, to the coordination office on a regular basis.
- Manage and properly archive the proof of expenditures (invoices codifying, allocations, stamps, placing in files)
Objective 3: To ensure a proper budget management of the base
- To follow up the monthly expenditures of the base in coordination with Logistics Department.
- To check invoices/receipts: matching with the corresponding internal order form for the amount and the amount and the description of items.
- To give the appropriate codification on all the invoices (contract, budget lines, accounting codes).
- To follow-up the coverage plan for the base, in coordination with the Admin Coordinator Operations Coordinator.
- Support on budgeting for new proposals according with the cost coverage plan for the base and the needs from other departments.
- To follow up the expenditures in the projects in coordination with the Operations Coordinator, Program Managers, HR Coordinator and Logistics through the budget follow up meetings. Consolidate the forecast of each project for the following months.
- Analyse possible under and over expenditures, suggesting possible solutions to Operations Coordinator and implementing them together with the Base Log and program Team.
- To be responsible for any, and all, misallocations and incorrect registered expenses in the budgets
- To conduct all work in a transparent and approachable manner, ensuring that all processes are tracked and well logged, with adequate documentation to support all decisions.
Objective 4: Assist in the administrative aspects
- To follow and explain to the new staff, local or international staff, the procedures and the processes regarding Administration.
- To keep all Action Against Hunger records and information, gathered during employment, strictly confidential.
- To travel to the field or other locations if requested – including payments for suppliers if required.
- To prepare, follow up and file all the documents (contracts, amendments, renewal, termination, and payments) related to the various contracts entered by the Base
- To support the Operations Coordinator in all administrative, financial, tasks as necessary.
- Report to the Operations Coordinator on a regular basis and attend coordination meetings
- To plan and organise the financial department for any audits, from either internal audits or external auditing.
Objective 5: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 6: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work